advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
because your kiss is on my list?!....WWDC Apple announcement list [ updated as announced ]......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 22, 2020 12:20PM
.....so far......

iOS 14 Announced With All-New Home Screen Design Featuring Widgets, App Library, and More

iOS 14 Features New Translate App With Offline Mode and Support for 11 Languages

iOS 14 Includes Picture-in-Picture Mode for iPhone

iOS 14 Updates Siri With Subtle Design That Doesn't Take Up Entire Screen

iOS 14 Features Digital Car Keys, Rolling Out to BMW Customers Next Month and More Cars Next Year

New iOS 14 Feature 'App Clips' Lets You Access 'Small Part' of an App Without Downloading Entire App

iMessage in iOS 14: Mentions, Pinned Conversations, Threaded Replies, and More

Apple announces iPadOS 14: new widgets, redesigned apps, contextual Siri, revamped universal search

New AirPods features: automatic switching between devices, spatial audio (for Surround Sound experience)

iOS 14 will let you change your default email and browser apps

iPadOS 14 Features Enhanced UIs for Native Apps, Universal Search, New Handwriting Support, and More

watchOS 7 for Apple Watch: Sleep tracking, face sharing, new workouts including dance, Activity now Fitness app

Apple Watch Series 1 and Series 2 will not update to watchOS 7

Phone Calls Will Finally Stop Taking Up the Entire Screen in iOS 14

Apple announces macOS Big Sur: sweeping visual redesign, Control Center, modern notifications and widgets

iOS 14 Compatible With iPhone 6s and 6s Plus and Later

Apple announces Mac architecture transition from Intel to its own ARM chips

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2020 01:34PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: because your kiss is on my list?!....WWDC Apple announcement list [ updated as announced ]......
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 22, 2020 01:13PM
The new OS is Big Sur.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Re: because your kiss is on my list?!....WWDC Apple announcement list [ updated as announced ]......
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 22, 2020 01:42PM
tuqqer
The new OS is Big Sur.

I see you Bixby Bridge!

I'm really enjoying this event. Love the changes to Safari and Maps (though it seems like those features are already there).
Date: June 22, 2020 01:44PM
Now I'm not enjoying it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Date: June 22, 2020 01:55PM
I guess the developers are just discovering that they'll need to port their programs to be compatible with the new "Apple Silicon." So I gotta wait for my new iMac. But that's okay cuz I'm still saving up. At least the new chip is in the developer Mac Mini. whine smiley
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 22, 2020 01:58PM
theres actually a home on the end of the point... currently for sale -- only a cool $14M...

[carmelmls.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: June 22, 2020 02:07PM
I'll take it!
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: June 22, 2020 02:27PM
I was all in on that house until I saw the ugly exposed road cuts and that bridge. I suppose the location could be tolerable if I stayed inside with the blinds drawn.
Posted by: testcase
Date: June 22, 2020 02:51PM
meh....
Posted by: JoeH
Date: June 22, 2020 03:25PM

Apple announces Mac architecture transition from Intel to its own ARM chips

This is sounding so much like a last minute item to confirm what was pretty much known to be coming. But it is not even mentioned on the WWDC splash page at apple.com, looks like an afterthought. Will have to take the time to watch the keynote, but did they even announce a timetable for the transition?
Date: June 22, 2020 03:35PM
Transition starts by late 2020 and ends within 2 years.
Date: June 22, 2020 03:38PM
I expect MBAir as the first Mac late this year, maybe with lower end 13" MBPro and Mini options in early 2021. Assuming that goes well and they can scale the CPU power up, then the rest of the MBPros and iMacs by late 2021. No guesses for the iMac Pro and Mac Pro.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: June 22, 2020 03:45PM
Lew Zealand
Transition starts by late 2020 and ends within 2 years.

Oh, then if typical Apple they will announce the first hardware late in December for shipping in January would be my guess.
Date: June 22, 2020 03:59PM
Lew Zealand
I was all in on that house until I saw the ugly exposed road cuts and that bridge. I suppose the location could be tolerable if I stayed inside with the blinds drawn.

But you'd be living in paradise. Right near Carmel and Monterey. Still close enough to San Francisco to keep up subscriptions to the symphony, opera, Giants,, 49ers. Still within the sphere of being able to attend various and sundry hoity toity gala events that you clearly support generously as a reliable scion of the region.
Date: June 22, 2020 05:01PM
vision63
Lew Zealand

But you'd be living in paradise. Right near Carmel and Monterey. Still close enough to San Francisco to keep up subscriptions to the symphony, opera, Giants,, 49ers. Still within the sphere of being able to attend various and sundry hoity toity gala events that you clearly support generously as a reliable scion of the region.

OK you've convinced me. But I'm not parting with the 14M until I can be seen in public sans mask at the center of my loving throngs of (probably paid) admirers.

Stupid covid.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 22, 2020 05:36PM
Lew Zealand
I expect MBAir as the first Mac late this year, maybe with lower end 13" MBPro and Mini options in early 2021. Assuming that goes well and they can scale the CPU power up, then the rest of the MBPros and iMacs by late 2021. No guesses for the iMac Pro and Mac Pro.

Before the announcement I was expecting the iPad Pro to be the development environment, maybe with the magic keyboard integrated to make it more of a traditional laptop configuration.

Will be interesting to see if as part of this transition they also go to more of the iOS model of locked down firmware/OS with a one-way upgrade path.
Date: June 22, 2020 05:50PM
Lew Zealand
vision63
Lew Zealand

OK you've convinced me. But I'm not parting with the 14M until I can be seen in public sans mask at the center of my loving throngs of (probably paid) admirers.

Stupid covid.

Yeah, Covid is wrecking everything.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 22, 2020 09:08PM
But the real killer question is: Will they bring resize-able columns back to Apple Mail?

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Robert M
Date: June 23, 2020 08:35AM
Graylocks,

In Mojave (and previous flavors of the OS), I can resize the columns in Apple Mail. Was this feature removed in Catalina?

Robert
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 23, 2020 12:43PM
Robert M
Graylocks,

In Mojave (and previous flavors of the OS), I can resize the columns in Apple Mail. Was this feature removed in Catalina?

Robert

yes. and it's damn annoying. someone else posted about it a few months ago.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 138
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018