advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Not a RYF, but a camelcamelcamel success: Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod $250
Posted by: datbeme
Date: June 22, 2020 04:15PM
Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but I've had this particular model on a camelcamelcamel alert for a few years, figuring it would be a good value if I could get it under $300.

[www.amazon.com]

It's the same price at BH—only $30 more than the aluminum version (aluminum version is $193 at Amazon).
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Not a RYF, but a camelcamelcamel success: Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod $250
Posted by: Buzz
Date: June 22, 2020 04:57PM
So how many are ya gettin' ? ? ?

Got a killer, definite RYF deal on a Velbon GEO carbon fiber ions ago, and have been very happy/impressed w/ Vanguard products in the ensuing years. Best quality for the price (as long as you get factory fresh product; they did have an issue w/ some used product showing up on Amazon a couple of years ago that garnered some bad PR on some models back then).

Here's Vanguard's equivalent at $210, but goes on sale <$180 periodically. If you really like Mani's, you're right, $250 is a darn decent deal.
==
Re: Not a RYF, but a camelcamelcamel success: Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 Carbon Fiber Tripod $250
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 22, 2020 09:12PM
Am I worried about quick-release legs here?
Posted by: jonny
Date: June 22, 2020 11:58PM
All this tripod talk got me looking at video tripods. I'm amazed at the price on some of these!
[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com] !
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: June 23, 2020 06:23AM
deckeda
Am I worried about quick-release legs here?

I have a couple of the Vanguard tripods, and unfortunately one of them does not have adjustable quick release levers. Make sure you get one where you can adjust the tension of the quick release lever, because, if you use the tripod a lot, they will loosen slightly.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: June 23, 2020 01:08PM
I bought an aluminum Manfrotto 17 years for a project that fizzled out, so it barely got used. I still drag it out every so often to look at, it’s so beautifully built and finished. Bellissima!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 150
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018