Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
The AT&T U-Verse party is over
Posted by: AllGold
Date: June 22, 2020 11:13PM
At least it is for me.

I never got any notification and I can't find anything about this on google (just brief Epix, HBO, Cinemax, Starz promos), but since March or early April, I have had some extra channels on my U-Verse service. They disappeared on June 20th. I assume it was a pandemic thing, but like I said, I could never find anything that mentioned it.

Anyway, I have U200 and the extra channels were the non-movie channels which were included in U300. Some are: Smithsonian, Sony, MGM and HD Movie. I loved having the Smithsonian channel and always wished I could get it without having to upgrade packages.

I would have assumed it was a pandemic-related free upgrade to U300, except U300 includes all the non-HBO movie channels (Showtime, Starz, etc.) that I didn't get.

Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The AT&T U-Verse party is over
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 22, 2020 11:15PM
....it was added as a 'new package' on AT&T Now for a small fee [ I don't remember how much ].....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: June 22, 2020 11:20PM
Hmmm, they were really pushing AT&T Now, but I'm gonna pass when I have dedicated hardware for TV (i.e. U-Verse). Also, AT&T Now has a really good promo price for a year but then the regular price blows.

Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 22, 2020 11:38PM
You had me worried! I thought you were talking about uVerse Internet! And I just got an offer for uVerse Gigabit!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: MEG
Date: June 23, 2020 08:52AM
I have DirecTV and AT&T sent me an email do to the "unprecedented situation" regarding the free channels:

[entertainment.directv.com]
Date: June 23, 2020 03:26PM
MEG
I have DirecTV and AT&T sent me an email do to the "unprecedented situation" regarding the free channels:

[entertainment.directv.com]

And there it is right there in black and white. Thanks. I could never find any email or other announcement. If I did actually get it, I was probably in the hospital about the time it came out so lots of things got pushed aside.

Anyway, thanks again. I was hoping it was permanent rather a pandemic special but now I know.

Posted by: Will Collier
Date: June 25, 2020 03:47PM
Hell, I didn't even know they were there. Story of my life...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 219
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018