advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple Watch: possibly sleep tracking app
Posted by: pqrst
Date: June 27, 2020 06:21PM
With the possibility of a sleep app for the watch, I see that notes that the app will prompt for a recharge come morning. How much time does Apple think people have in the morning? Personally, I have an hour. In my experience (with series 0 and a series 5 watches and a 12 watt charger is not enough time for a full day charge. My opinion.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple Watch: possibly sleep tracking app
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 27, 2020 07:34PM
I charge mine before I go to bed and then put it on.
Posted by: Diana
Date: June 27, 2020 08:40PM
I use a sleep tracker app already. AW4 gets charged during breakfast and while I’m in the shower. Wear all day. Since the work from home period, I have been forgetting to charge it in the morning. It’s better now that work has started up again. It might last 2 days, but that’s pushing it.

The 1-1.5 hour charge in the morning is enough for the whole day.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 27, 2020 09:28PM
My AW3's battery used to last 4 days when new. It's at the point where I get a bit more than a day's juice from a full charge if I use it to track a workout and about 2 days if I don't track a workout.

It also charges more slowly. Takes 40m to an hour to top off if I charge every morning, takes nearly 2 hrs if I skip a day. Used to top off in about 20m when it was new.

So, sleep tracking is probably not in the cards for this watch. I doubt that it has enough battery-life for that. I could get a new battery, but the Apple Stores are closed and I'm not mailing it in.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 27, 2020 10:02PM
I charge my Watches twice a day- once in the morning upon rising and completing my morning routine, and again at night before going to be, during my evening routine.

My Watch then never falls below 50%, and most times not even to that point.

Then it doesn't need a full hour to charge.

If I was short on time, I'd just put it on a charger midday.

When I was doing sleep tracking with Sleep++, this worked with my S2 and earlier Watches which didn't have the battery capacity of my S5.

I stopped using the app because the info didn't really help me.

So bring on a native Sleep app or not.

Just don't include an oximeter in the next version.

Skip a generation, please.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: pqrst
Date: June 28, 2020 12:01AM
Thanks for all the redponses. My normal day runs from 7am - 9pm. And is on the go with no chance to charge. Usually go to bed at 10pm and up at 600. So if it needs at least a four hour charge (mine seems to) from around 25% to 100% Then I was trying figure out if i used all night when could I charge it. Ymmv.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: June 28, 2020 01:20AM
pqrst
So if it needs at least a four hour charge (mine seems to) from around 25% to 100%…Ymmv.

My mileage does indeed vary. My Apple Watch Series 3 takes less than 1 hour to go from 25% to 90% and that charge lasts more than a day.
Posted by: ArtP
Date: June 28, 2020 11:48PM
My big problem is putting it on the charger too close to bedtime and falling asleep without wearing it.

I bought a cheap ebay charging cable to put near my desktop iMac so when I am doing the forum and facebook and email - it will could be charging.

I put it on the bedside charger about 2 hours ago - I guess I should go put it on after I hit "post message".
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 29, 2020 01:08AM
My big problem is putting it on the charger too close to bedtime and falling asleep without wearing it.

Depending on how quickly you fall asleep, you could try setting the timer on your watch before putting it on the charger.

It may not wake you once you're out, but it could remind you before going on the nod.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 197
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018