advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any known method for finding a Wistia video URL
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 27, 2020 06:50PM
Ability to download a wistia video is always changing and the Chrome extension I had doesn’t work on pages such as:

[discover.teachable.com]

However, if I can locate the actual URL of the Wistia video, then the downloaders will generally work.

I can Show Page Source, but I don’t know how to search for the Wistia video URL.

If anyone knows the trick these days, please pass it on.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any known method for finding a Wistia video URL
Posted by: clay
Date: June 27, 2020 07:13PM
Not sure if there's going to be a good way. This link brings up the video, at least for me at this moment. But not sure whether there's a good way to grab the download;

[cdn.embedly.com]
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 27, 2020 07:28PM
For videos of this sort, I usually use Firefox and the Video Download Helper plug-in ... it is usually able to download hard-to-access videos and was able to get the MP4 file in this case.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2020 07:28PM by PeterB.
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: June 28, 2020 07:39AM
PeterB
For videos of this sort, I usually use Firefox and the Video Download Helper plug-in ... it is usually able to download hard-to-access videos and was able to get the MP4 file in this case.

Hey, that works, PeterB! thanks for the suggestion. I tried using the Chrome versions of downloader, but none of them worked. The FireFox version has a weird interface which I couldn't figure out (too many options), but it worked. It downloaded the video in mp4 to a folder in my home folder of all places, but it worked! thanks again.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 276
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018