advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
ghosts of iPads to come?!.....Apple will release 10.8" iPad and 8.5" iPad Mini.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 28, 2020 01:17PM
....the 10.8" later this year......the 8.5" iPad Mini next year.......

.....ugh, why does Apple keep 'adjusting' the size.....10.2, 10.5, now 10.8......just to sell accessories.....???

Kuo: Apple to Launch 10.8-Inch iPad Later This Year, 8.5-Inch iPad Mini in 2021

.....Apple plans to launch a new 10.8-inch iPad in the second half of 2020, followed by a new 8.5-inch iPad in the first half of 2021, oft-reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said today in a research note obtained by MacRumors.

Kuo did not specify if the 10.8-inch iPad model will be a new version of the existing 10.2-inch iPad or the 10.5-inch iPad Air, but he has previously said that the 8.5-inch model will be a new iPad mini. Apple last refreshed the iPad mini in March 2019 with an A12 Bionic chip, an upgraded front camera, and support for the original Apple Pencil.

Kuo expects Apple to include a new 20W power adapter in the box with both iPad models, as seen in leaked photos earlier this week.

As for iPhones, Kuo expects the 20W power adapter to be made available as an optional accessory, meaning that iPhone 12 models would not include a charger in the box. EarPods aren't expected in the box either.....

keep changing the size........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2020 01:24PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ghosts of iPads to come?!.....Apple will release 10.8" iPad and 8.5" iPad Mini.......
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: June 28, 2020 01:32PM
Will it be physically larger or just have more display area?
Re: ghosts of iPads to come?!.....Apple will release 10.8" iPad and 8.5" iPad Mini.......
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 28, 2020 01:40PM
Classic American company - keep making things larger so that the 'mini' is the size of the original!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 28, 2020 05:06PM
In 2022, the Honda Fit will hold 7 passengers.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 28, 2020 06:53PM
I think 9.7 is perfect for a iPad, and the original rationale for the 12.9 was that it was the same pixels across as the 9.7 height.

I would like to see a 15" iPad Pro.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018