advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Airpods Pro
Posted by: Kate
Date: June 29, 2020 08:10PM
I haven't used headphones for much of anything except watching TV in bed at night (the regular Apple airpods, or whatever they call what used to come with your phone).
But I just got a pair of Airpod Pros and they have reawakened my joy of loud music in my head. Gosh, do these really sound so much better than others, because I think they're amazing.
I'm old with a real fondness for 1940-1960s folk music and I feel like I'm at a live Weavers concert!

Kate
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Airpods Pro
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 29, 2020 08:55PM
smiley-music039

they are cool how you can wear them around, and just a single tap lets you hear everyone without taking them out... then tap back to drone them out again =)

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 29, 2020 09:20PM
Yes, my daily drivers as well.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 29, 2020 09:42PM
....I would so......tap that......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: June 29, 2020 10:44PM
Gosh, do these really sound so much better than others, because I think they're amazing.

The AirPods Pro aren't great sounding 'buds but they are good.

The short answer s - not as good as some and better than many others.

Sealing the ear canal helps reduce a lot of extraneous noise, lowering the noise floor and and allowing you to hear the same music better than before.

That passive sound isolation help one to focus more on the music, sometimes really hearing it for the first time, the very first time.

The active noise cancellation can help beyond that as well.

Something I like about the AirPods Pro is the lack of over emphasized bass.

Either a lot of 'buds and cans are marketed to those who like heavy thump thump (in audio) or it's not as easy as I think to make even remotely balanced sounding devices.

I wish I could wear the Pro version. For some reason the 'buds hurt my ears after a short time, where most other 'buds don't

They don't stay in for me as well as regular AirPods or EarPods do. However a light tug on the cords of EarPods and out they are.

The APP app said I needed to use larger tips to seal the sound better, but I knew I had a good seal.

They worked very well on my urban walks until they either started to slip out or hurt, so they had to go back.

The regular AirPods 2 don't isolate at all, but they're still my goto 'buds when mobile.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: June 30, 2020 08:03AM
I like my second generation Airpods but really wish they were Pros because of the rubber inserts. But, they still sound pretty damn good.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 30, 2020 08:47AM
......those are the Pros.......what are the cons......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 30, 2020 10:09AM
If you've got a jailbroken phone, you can really do a lot to maximize the AirPods Pro's abilities, sound-wise.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Mactel
Date: June 30, 2020 10:37AM
I don't have a pair but the spacial sound feature they talked about at WWDC sounds pretty neat!
Posted by: digby
Date: June 30, 2020 07:59PM
Kate
I just got a pair of Airpod Pros and they have reawakened my joy of loud music in my head. Gosh, do these really sound so much better than others, because I think they're amazing.
I'm old with a real fondness for 1940-1960s folk music and I feel like I'm at a live Weavers concert.

I've just got to say that when you said "they have reawakened my joy of loud music in my head", I was expecting something more rockin' than folk music.

I'm a huge folkie myself (listening and performing), but do try some recent music, too. They're doing this thing with guitars now, where they PLUG them IN! It's crazy...

But I dropped in to say that I agree on the seal-the-ear style of earbuds. I love Skullcandy earbuds, but the cheaper Jibs (only $10)... because of the fit. Since they fit me better than the more expensive models, they sound better to me.

And I said YAY when they came out with wireless Jibs, and now the Wireless Jib+. If anyone hasn't tried being deaf to everything around you, damn, you gotta!
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: June 30, 2020 11:51PM
No plug so not amused...

big grin smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 218
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018