The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Geezo, gotta read the fine print!
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 29, 2020 11:06PM
Offer details

iPhone 11 64GB for 50% off
Get the iPhone 11 64GB for 50% off when you buy it on a qualifying installment agreement with eligible wireless.

Limited time offer.

You’ll need to:

Purchase an iPhone 11 on a qualifying installment agreement.
Add a line to a new or existing account.
Pay taxes on the full retail price up front.
Activate postpaid unlimited wireless service (min. $75/mo. for new unlimited customers before discounts. Existing customers can add to eligible existing unlimited plans, which may be less). AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy.
Pay a $30 activation fee. (waived for online orders)
Note: Requires a qualifying 0% APR installment agreement (30-mo. term at up to $28.34/mo.) Other installment options may be available and vary by location. If buying on the AT&T Installment Plan with Next Up, customer is responsible and will not receive any credits for an additional $5/mo. for the Next Up upgrade feature. $0 down for well-qualified customers only, or down payment may be required and depends on a variety of factors. Down payment if required will be either 15% to 80% of device cost or a dollar amount currently ranging from $200 to $1400 (amount subject to change, may be higher and will not exceed the device cost).

Eligible unlimited plans: AT&T Unlimited Starter, AT&T Unlimited Extra, AT&T Unlimited Elite, AT&T Unlimited &More, AT&T Unlimited &More Premium, AT&T Unlimited Plus, AT&T Unlimited Plus Enhanced, AT&T Unlimited Choice, AT&T Unlimited Choice Enhanced, AT&T Unlimited Choice II, AT&T Unlimited Double Play. Excludes prepaid, session-based, and Data Unlimited at $45/mo. plans. Speed, usage & other restr’s apply. See att.com/unlimited for current unlimited plans.

After that you’ll get:

$350 in bill credits, applied in equal amounts over 30 monthly installments – that’s 50% off the iPhone 11 64GB. Credits may be applied to iPhone 11 1268GB and 256GB, which will be discounted but not 50% off.
Note: Credits start within 3 bills. You will receive catch-up credits once bill credits start.

Business customers:

As long as you have a qualified Business Agreement for Corporate Responsibility User lines of service, you can buy on an Equipment Installment Plan (24-mo. at up to $35.42/mo. or 36-mo. at up to $23.61/mo.).
You’ll need a minimum $50/mo. AT&T Mobile Share Plus for Business plan for new service with AutoPay discount. Existing customers can add to eligible current plans.
But wait there’s another offer.

Get a $150 AT&T Visa Reward Card with iPhone 11
When you order online, add a new line and purchase an iPhone 11 smartphone on a qualifying installment plan, get a $150 AT&T Visa Reward Card

Limited time. Online Only.

You'll need to:

Purchase an iPhone 11 smartphone on qualifying installment plan, including taxes on full retail price (upfront).
Add a new line to a new or existing account with an eligible AT&T unlimited plan (min. $75/mo. before discounts for new customers). AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds if the network is busy.
Redeem your Reward Card within 75 days of receiving email or letter with redemption instructions (you have to maintain active service for at least 30 days to receive instructions and until fulfillment).
After all that you'll get:

$150 AT&T Visa Reward Card (delivered 3-4 weeks after redemption)

If you've made it this far, obviously I'm maybe thinking of an upgrade. (Is this really such a great deal?) I really think I want that 1268GB model, that's LOTS of space! smiling bouncing smiley

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Geezo, gotta read the fine print!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: June 29, 2020 11:24PM
Last year, after what felt like hours, I was able to get a Xr and 11 for $300 off each, with a 2 year "agreement". I paid the difference up front, and have no monthly payment for the phones

My wife preferred the Xr red vs the 11 Red (I like it more as well, its a "hotter" red.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: jdc
Date: June 30, 2020 12:20AM
We have had great service with ATT, for 20 some years. (and all the name changes)

Yeah, kinda hate all the mumbo jumbo -- we got 2 XRs when they first came out BOGO, so essentially $350 each. but full tax on each. and new line.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: June 30, 2020 12:26AM
Translation: "This deal totally sucks but we want to make it sound great anyway."

Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 30, 2020 10:55AM
I clicked a link in a text I received from AT$T. We are a current customer. Clicking through the link showed I could upgrade to an 11 for $5 per month for the 256GB model. But I used the text a rep feature on their site:

>>>

Me : AT&T Free Msg: We've got an exclusive upgrade offer for you. Learn how to get a new iPhone 11 On Us! No trade-in required. That's up to $700 in savings just for being a current customer. Available online see att.com/UpgradeOnUS for details. Text STOP to end marketing messages.

Me : That is the text.

Andres V : You can go ahead and add the phone as an upgrade and get it for free and you will see the regular price on the cart summary, and the credit for the phone you will; get for freewill start within 2-3 billing cycles and retroactively.

Andres V : And it would be for the one that comes with 64GB

Me : Ok, but when I choose the xxx model it says $5/month. I prefer the xxx model

Andres V : Sure, with this one you would get it for $5/mo. And with xxx for $1/mo.

Me : Ok, so how much is my upgraded line going to cost?

Andres V : Is the phone you already have paid off?

Me : Yes.

Andres V : Then the upgrade would be for free and you would get the phone for $5/mo and on it you will pay the same price you are paying now for the services. The increase for the new phone would be of $5/mo.

Me : So, no change in my service plan except for the $5/month times 30 months?

Andres V : Yes, that's correct.

Me : Great! Nice deal!! Thanks, bye.

>>>

That was on June 9. My subsequent statement has not come. Those ‘xxx’ were for a 128GB for $1 and a 256Gb model for $5. I assume what I typed (128GB and 256GB) was changed to xxx so AT$T could screw me out of the discount. We shall see.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 30, 2020 12:13PM
Speedy
I clicked a link in a text I received from AT$T. We are a current customer. Clicking through the link showed I could upgrade to an 11 for $5 per month for the 256GB model. But I used the text a rep feature on their site:

>>>

Me : AT&T Free Msg: We've got an exclusive upgrade offer for you. Learn how to get a new iPhone 11 On Us! No trade-in required. That's up to $700 in savings just for being a current customer. Available online see att.com/UpgradeOnUS for details. Text STOP to end marketing messages.

Me : That is the text.

Andres V : You can go ahead and add the phone as an upgrade and get it for free and you will see the regular price on the cart summary, and the credit for the phone you will; get for freewill start within 2-3 billing cycles and retroactively.

Andres V : And it would be for the one that comes with 64GB

Me : Ok, but when I choose the xxx model it says $5/month. I prefer the xxx model

Andres V : Sure, with this one you would get it for $5/mo. And with xxx for $1/mo.

Me : Ok, so how much is my upgraded line going to cost?

Andres V : Is the phone you already have paid off?

Me : Yes.

Andres V : Then the upgrade would be for free and you would get the phone for $5/mo and on it you will pay the same price you are paying now for the services. The increase for the new phone would be of $5/mo.

Me : So, no change in my service plan except for the $5/month times 30 months?

Andres V : Yes, that's correct.

Me : Great! Nice deal!! Thanks, bye.

>>>

That was on June 9. My subsequent statement has not come. Those ‘xxx’ were for a 128GB for $1 and a 256Gb model for $5. I assume what I typed (128GB and 256GB) was changed to xxx so AT$T could screw me out of the discount. We shall see.

Interesting. On my end, I used your link to see the $5/month for the 256GB, but then when I logged into my account, it removed the discount -- because from the fine print, you have to add a new line to get the discount.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 30, 2020 12:37PM
I decided the fine print was too fine so I used the text contact. I doubt if AT$T will stand behind the transcript given the xxx.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 240
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018