Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Disney +
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 01, 2020 02:11AM
Likes, dislikes etc?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2020 02:16AM by RgrF.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Disney +
Posted by: Carm
Date: July 01, 2020 02:36AM
It’s worth it if you don’t have a lot of movies.
Posted by: jdc
Date: July 01, 2020 02:54AM
you could binge it all in a week. or at least everything worth watching.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: jardster
Date: July 01, 2020 06:03AM
For me, meh it's fine. For my kids.... invaluable. They watch stuff on it much more these days than Netflix/Prime.

Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: July 01, 2020 07:12AM
My boy has watched all the Star Wars content multiple times at this point.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 01, 2020 07:15AM
My kids are enjoying it. Lots of Disney Channel stuff they like

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 01, 2020 07:43AM
I'm enjoying watching the old shorts. The Goofy "How To" series are particularly crazy.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 01, 2020 08:07AM
As a family -- and keep in mind, all my kids are college-aged -- we're loving it. Lots to watch IMO. Annual sign-up at the start ($70 for the year, IIRC); lots of content for under $6/month.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: Robert M
Date: July 01, 2020 08:37AM
jdc,

Binge it for a week and then having nothing else on it worth watching? Seriously? The catalog is ginormous. I cant fathom how anyone can run out of content to watch in such a short amount of time.

That said, I've had Disney+ for a couple of days and am enjoying it tremendously. Ordered it for Little M but found that I like it just as much for myself. Heck, some of the old Marvel content from the 80s alone was worth the price of admission.

I'm enjoying Disney+ far more than even the free subscription to AppleTV+ that I received when I bought a new ipad mini 5last year. Once the free subscription to AppleTV+ runs its course, I'll not be renewing it. It's not worth the money. Disney+ is worth the bucks.

Robert
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: July 01, 2020 09:38AM
It's free for a year if you have a Verizon unlimited plan.

We watched all of the Love Bug movies and some other childhood stuff...probably get through everything we want to see in a year.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 01, 2020 09:41AM
....even the Lindsay Lohan......Love Bug movie.......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: July 01, 2020 10:15AM
NewtonMP2100
....even the Lindsay Lohan......Love Bug movie.......???

LOL yes we did. I can say that Linday Lohan was a far better addition than Don Knotts!

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 01, 2020 10:55AM
Hamilton.

Duh.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: DavidS
Date: July 01, 2020 11:18AM
I got in on a 2 year promo through the D23 Fan Club. Plenty of content available. I love it, particularly the Made For Disney+ shows, including the behind the scene type shows. The Mandalorian was pretty good. My daughter loves it too. Of course, we are planning on watching Hamilton on Friday night.

We also pay for Netflix and get Hulu and Amazon Prime for free through Sprint, so I don't mind paying for D+.
Posted by: timg
Date: July 01, 2020 11:29AM
Markintosh
It's free for a year if you have a Verizon unlimited plan.

We watched all of the Love Bug movies and some other childhood stuff...probably get through everything we want to see in a year.

I got it this way as well. So far, I can honestly say it's been worth the money. smiling smiley

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: D. Lawson
Date: July 01, 2020 11:39AM
We got in on the 3-year D23 promotion, which came to about $3/month (paid in advance).

It has something for everyone, and a lot of it. I personally use it for The Simpsons more than anything else, but my wife and kid have been watching a lot of the classic and current Disney/Pixar films. We quickly starting using it more than Netflix and Amazon Prime, but not as much as Hulu.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 01, 2020 11:56AM
What are the latest deals for Disney+ ?
Date: July 01, 2020 11:57AM
Robert M
jdc,
Binge it for a week and then having nothing else on it worth watching? Seriously? The catalog is ginormous. I cant fathom how anyone can run out of content to watch in such a short amount of time.
Robert

To each his own, I guess. I cant fathom peeps with TBs upon TBs of saved movies, TV and music -- but they exist.

Im not a huge fan or rewatching things Ive already seen at least twice. Documentaries, although super interesting, and I love knowledge -- but in the end just boring to me. Sadly 15 minutes in Im usually done.

I got it for my family near the first day it came out, and it prob got used for 2, maaaaybe 3 weeks... $69 says no one has opened it in months.

We had already seen it all, and I should have taken into account my kids seem to be like me... one time thru, maybe a second... and I dont need to see it again for 5+ years.

----

Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 01, 2020 02:11PM
Large response, 95%+ on the MR RipeTomatoes scoreboard. Guess we'll be watching Hamilton.

Thanks everyone.
Date: July 01, 2020 03:08PM
jdc,

Not sure where you got the idea that most of what I'm watching on Disney+ is stuff I've seen previously. Far from. In fact, quite the opposite. The vast majority of the content is stuff I've not seen. That includes some of Disney's much much older work. I'm sure many people are in a similar boat. Seems to me that the problem here isn't Disney+. smiling smiley

Robert
Date: July 01, 2020 04:27PM
I would never assume what you watch on D+.

For all we know it could be continuous repeats of the Micky Mouse Clubhouse or the Cheeta Girls 2.

He asked for likes and dislikes, gave mine. Im sure the vast majority is stuff I havent seen either... nor do I care to.

----

Posted by: Kate
Date: July 01, 2020 06:18PM
For anyone who has Disney+ I can highly recommend the film Frank and Ollie. They were friends of ours, amazing men, two of Walt's Nine Old Men. The film is made by Franks son Ted and is a wonderful watch.

Kate
Date: July 01, 2020 07:32PM
jdc,

The comment you made came across to me as judgmental about the concept of rewatching a show or movie. Other parts of that same post came across the same way. I apologize in advance if I’m mistaken and/or misreading your post. It’s just the feeling that came to mind as I read it.

Robert
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: July 01, 2020 07:45PM
Kept it for a month, long enough to watch The Mandalorian and couple other movies. Too much other to watch.

Grateful11
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 02, 2020 03:30PM
Kate
For anyone who has Disney+ I can highly recommend the film Frank and Ollie. They were friends of ours, amazing men, two of Walt's Nine Old Men. The film is made by Franks son Ted and is a wonderful watch.

Kate

Gonna check it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 251
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018