advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any portable boombox / radios with built-in "Alexa"? Mainly for the patio.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: July 01, 2020 07:58AM
We've been taking our Echo Plus out to the pool as of late to listen to our Apple Music Subscription. I know they have battery packs which may be the best option for this situation. However, was wondering if there are any "waterproof" or any portable radios that work like the Echo / Amazon devices?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any portable boombox / radios with built-in "Alexa"? Mainly for the patio.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 01, 2020 09:43AM
Amazon Fire TV stick ($30) plus a small cheap smart TV? Or just a Fire Alexa enabled TV? [www.amazon.com] $150

24" for $120 [www.amazon.com]

Or get serious and add a sound bar.....

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2020 09:46AM by Racer X.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 01, 2020 10:26AM
There are numerous waterproof Bluetooth speakers that work with Alexa. Those and an Echo Flex plugged inside a nearby weatherproof gang outlet does the trick

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 01, 2020 01:26PM
I don't know of any bluetooth speakers with a radio.

I do recall seeing a CD player with am/fm radio and Bluetooth, but it needs batteries.
[www.amazon.com]

Not

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: mikebw
Date: July 02, 2020 03:01PM
I've been using the Amazon Music app on my phone which I just connect to a small BT speaker while outside. Might be enough for your needs as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 247
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018