advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
problem with vertical scrolling
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: July 02, 2020 05:38PM
my vertical scroll bar does not work properly. in system prefs > general I selected “click on the scroll bar to jump to the spot that’s clicked”, but that doesn’t work; instead it scrolls a page at a time. i have confirmed this behavior, as best i can tell, across my apps.

i never use the horizontal scroll bar, but i did set-up an excel (v. 12.1.9) spreadsheet with columns a-aj. when i went to column aj and clicked in the far left end of the scroll bar, it did take me back to column a, so it appears to be a vertical only problem. was that the right way to test that? if not, then please provide me with any ideas on how to test for this problem with the horizontal margin.

i changed to the guest user and didn’t get that result, leading me to suspect that something’s gone wrong with the personal preferences in my user account.

i have a mid-2013 mpb running mojave with 8 gigs of ram and sufficient available ssd space. i’ll appreciate any assistance. tia.

hope y’all have a swell holiday weekend!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: problem with vertical scrolling
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: July 02, 2020 08:17PM
I would try with another spreadsheet app, Numbers is my default, to see if the behavior in horizontal persists.
Also Pages or Word heavily zoomed in, with rulers showing.
But your test seems trusty.
Maybe try going to your user’s Library/Preferences to delete the com.apple.preference.general.plist.
One click over the “Go” menu in finder, and the alt key will reveal the Lib.
Oh, then restart.

Have a good one yourself!!
Pretty sure I’ll be hitting the grill hard haha...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2020 06:56AM by rich in distress.
Re: problem with vertical scrolling
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 03, 2020 06:33AM
seems like a preference is corrupt. I am too lazy to find out which file you would need to delete.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020