advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Closeout deal on OWC USB-C Travel Dock
Posted by: Harooneneutics
Date: July 04, 2020 10:05AM
$29.76 for the Rose Gold model (half off the original price) -- limit one.

I haven't used the travel version but have had a good experience with the 10-port model (that now looks to be compatible with several desktops Macs).
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Closeout deal on OWC USB-C Travel Dock
Posted by: August West
Date: July 04, 2020 10:33AM
I did not have luck with the 10 port, even with phone support. Have them both.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 04, 2020 10:37AM
August West
I did not have luck with the 10 port, even with phone support. Have them both.

There was a period of incompatibility; encountered that myself and returned it (I was trying to use with an iMac18,2).

See this note this on the product page; they only just added compatibility with certain Macs:

Important: as of 6-15-20 docks purchased from MacSales.com are compatible with the following host models: MacPro7,1 / Macmini8,1 / MacBook8,1 / iMacPro1,1 / iMac18,x / iMac19,x. Note that if you purchase this product from one of our reseller partners this compatibility update may not have been applied yet. If you need assistance with one of these host computers, please contact our Support Team.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: jonny
Date: July 04, 2020 11:12AM
Rose Gold is the new Pink.
Posted by: August West
Date: July 04, 2020 07:52PM
Yeah, they told me about its incompatibilities well after I went through hours of diagnosis and trouble-shooting thinking I could discover the problem on my own, I never imagined I was getting a product that only worked with a very small subset of Mac Laptops. No one offered to take it back, and it's been a brick in my bookshelf for years since.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 05, 2020 11:19AM
August West
Yeah, they told me about its incompatibilities well after I went through hours of diagnosis and trouble-shooting thinking I could discover the problem on my own, I never imagined I was getting a product that only worked with a very small subset of Mac Laptops. No one offered to take it back, and it's been a brick in my bookshelf for years since.

Contact them. There's a fix for the device that's only been available since last month (June 15, 2020) (see my post above) so you will be able to de-brickify it and make use of it or sell it.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: July 06, 2020 02:07PM
I know it's sold by our sponsor, but it's awfully big for travel purposes. I bought this one for my son for the same price. Much more compact and more ports: USB C hub
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 182
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018