advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
TSLA... making me very nervous.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: July 06, 2020 04:26PM
I love a good runaway stock as much as the next guy, but this getting so crazy I just had to sell a few shares today. Of course it continued to go up after the fact, but I'm OK with it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: TSLA... making me very nervous.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 06, 2020 05:05PM
.....wow.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: d4
Date: July 06, 2020 05:36PM
Tesla is a fun stock to own when it's money you can afford to lose. Even more fun if you follow Elon Musk on Twitter. Amazon, Shopify and NIO are have a great few days as well but they are as fun as watching grass grow.

Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: July 06, 2020 05:54PM
I only have 4 shares so I can ride the wave without to much concern.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 06, 2020 05:56PM
....it was up like $240+.....then rose $60+ after hours.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: July 06, 2020 06:30PM
This is what happens when you have a great product with lots of potential and no competition. They're so far out ahead of their 'competition' it's almost comical. I think that they've grossly under-estimated the 'full self-driving' difficulty, but they'll get there eventually.

Posted by: bfd
Date: July 06, 2020 06:59PM
ztirffritz
This is what happens when you have a great product with lots of potential and no competition. They're so far out ahead of their 'competition' it's almost comical. I think that they've grossly under-estimated the 'full self-driving' difficulty, but they'll get there eventually.

Not to mention the difficulties involved in bringing many these technological miracles to chipsets that simply weren't ever designed to handle them. It'd be like trying to run some of today's coolest apps on an iPhone 4… The early Teslas - and even some of those that are still being paid for – will very soon be obsolete. Who will want them then?
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 06, 2020 07:17PM
Tesla stock price is getting caught up in the general enthusiasm from the mom and pop retail investor sector for EV’s. As a result this is creating a bit of a bubble. If you’re a long-term investor, nothing to worry about as far as Tesla is concerned. Whatever you do, don’t buy any Nikola stock without thoroughly researching that company (of course that applies to any company I suppose).
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 06, 2020 07:34PM
Daaaaaasmn..........$1432 after hours!
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: July 06, 2020 07:57PM
Tesla met its production goals last month and will very likely join the S&P500 in a short time. When it does the stock will then be eligible for many automated buying programs used by equity funds. That will drive the price even higher very quickly.

People see a buying opportunity before that happens.

If the S&P doesn't list TSLA, then it will drop like a stone to the $900 range.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 07:58PM by Ombligo.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 06, 2020 07:59PM
Short sellers. Gotta love Elon sending them short shorts.

[nypost.com]

Ps. I’m up 380.5%.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 08:04PM by Speedy.
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 06, 2020 10:14PM
I have one share, so I'm getting rich!
Posted by: DavidS
Date: July 06, 2020 10:18PM
I have a measly 10 shares, but I’m up 485% since I bought them. Wish I had bought some more during the temporary slide earlier this year
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: July 07, 2020 12:47AM
Carnos Jax
this is creating a bit of a bubble

Yes, I'd say that TSLA with its undefined P/E is in a "bit" of a bubble…
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: July 07, 2020 12:38PM
Most traders and analysts treat TSLA like a car company. They are no taking into account the wide implications of Tesla as an energy company. On September 15 they will have "Battery Investor Day" that will announce the new "Million Mile Battery" and possibly how that can affect the energy business.
Here is some poignant speculation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP971PYzQJs
Date: July 07, 2020 02:11PM
Though it hasn't been widely discussed, Tesla is essentially becoming a power provider in the UK. They've been building battery substations in several locations to absorb the excess wind and solar energy that the UK is generating and operating as a peaker plant when demand outstrips supply. They're building several MASSIVE battery substations in the US that will dwarf the battery that was deployed in Australia. The Australian battery was built in 90 days at a cost of about $90million and earns about $18million/year in profits

Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 07, 2020 06:12PM
bfd
Not to mention the difficulties involved in bringing many these technological miracles to chipsets that simply weren't ever designed to handle them. It'd be like trying to run some of today's coolest apps on an iPhone 4… The early Teslas - and even some of those that are still being paid for – will very soon be obsolete. Who will want them then?

I'm not sure how difficult or expensive it will be to upgrade/replace the 'brain' of a Tesla. It's not a computer, its a Computer controlled CAR.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Cary , DP , RE:up , WHiiP
Guests: 225
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018