advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OK, I must be missing the obvious ... when making a video, how do you...
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 06, 2020 07:15PM
... have a picture-in-picture, of a photo or video, either with yourself in the foreground or background? Or split-screen? And can this be done in real time, or does it have to be done post-production?

I asked about it in the thread below of MAVIC's, but admittedly he was asking something different of his own.

I have just the usual video / authoring tools to use: Quicktime, iMovie, VLC, etc. I'm a newbie to this, so go easy. smiling smiley

TiA

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OK, I must be missing the obvious ... when making a video, how do you...
Posted by: hal
Date: July 06, 2020 07:59PM
[support.apple.com]
Date: July 06, 2020 08:04PM
hal
[support.apple.com]

Thanks ... but that looks far more complex than I'm thinking of, and also I'd really like to be able to do it at the same time I'm recording. (Like Zoom, except Zoom only does screen share and not picture-in-picture.)

Posted by: space-time
Date: July 06, 2020 08:10PM
I think Logitech had some easy to use software for shooting videos like these from multiple cameras.
Date: July 06, 2020 08:20PM
Example of what I'm talking about: [www.youtube.com] (very nice video on the subject, btw...)

... except I'd also like to be able to have myself take up the whole frame and have the Powerpoint (or other media) in the top left or top right corner.

space-time
I think Logitech had some easy to use software for shooting videos like these from multiple cameras.

Yep, easy-to-use would be nice, as would free ... so far I've been seeing some websites that either charge for this, or make you use software that again they charge for.

And also ... remember that I'm not shooting from multiple cameras, rather I have one thing on my screen and would like to be shooting video from a single camera at the same time, and have both show up in the video.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 08:33PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: July 06, 2020 09:39PM
PeterB
... except I'd also like to be able to have myself take up the whole frame and have the Powerpoint (or other media) in the top left or top right corner.

Keep in mind what you're showing in the PIP window. If you're presenting a Powerpoint in a PIP window, will it be large enough for viewers to see/understand?

It sounds like you might want to look into screen recording software, but that's not something I've used so I don't have any recommendations.
Date: July 06, 2020 09:49PM
Gareth
PeterB

Keep in mind what you're showing in the PIP window. If you're presenting a Powerpoint in a PIP window, will it be large enough for viewers to see/understand?

It sounds like you might want to look into screen recording software, but that's not something I've used so I don't have any recommendations.

If it's Powerpoint, not likely to be a problem, as the viewers will already have a copy of it. If something else, it would be useful to be able to flip screens back and forth on the fly, so as to make it either larger or smaller.

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 06, 2020 10:07PM

Okay...Smile Now!
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: July 07, 2020 06:12AM
PeterB
... (Like Zoom, except Zoom only does screen share and not picture-in-picture.)

Zoom has the option to take separate videos of your vidcam and the screen. Then in post (I use Screenflow, but iMovie will work), you put them together.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Big Sur 11.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: July 07, 2020 06:29AM
PeterB
Example of what I'm talking about: [www.youtube.com] (very nice video on the subject, btw...)

Okay, this looks exactly like the output I see on a podcast I frequent, and the creator swears by OBS Studio, Open Broadcaster Software Studio. Open Source, free, Max, PC and Linux.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 217
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020