Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Mary Kay Letourneau, RIP
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 08, 2020 10:32AM
[www.aol.com]

Mary Kay Letourneau, a teacher who married her former sixth-grade student after she was convicted of raping him in a case that drew international headlines, has died. She was 58.

Her lawyer David Gehrke told multiple news outlets Letourneau died Tuesday of cancer. He did not immediately return an email from The Associated Press.

Letourneau was a married mother of four having difficulties with her marriage in 1996 when Vili Fualaau was a precocious 12-year-old in Letourneau’s class at Shorewood Elementary in Burien, a south Seattle suburb.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Mary Kay Letourneau, RIP
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 08, 2020 12:31PM
Committed the crime, She did her time. Married the man that the boy had become. They had another child, and eventually divorced.

My heart goes out to her six children and their fathers who were left behind.

She is finally at peace.
Posted by: Acer
Date: July 08, 2020 04:24PM
An eventful life, that's for certain.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 08, 2020 04:51PM
Kind of an odd story. Local here. My ex-wife's best friend taught with her at the elementary school where it all began. And oddly enough, I studied photography with the GF of her prosecutor, and my ex-brother in law is a cousin to one of her guards at the Womens Correctional Facility in Purdy where she did time.

She wasn't a bad human being, just made choices most everyone wouldn't. But we have never been in her situations, so, who knows. dunno smiley

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: PeterW
Date: July 08, 2020 06:56PM
I guess we’ll be hearing a stirring defense of Epstein and Maxwell next.

She was a CHILD rapist.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 08, 2020 07:05PM
PeterW
I guess we’ll be hearing a stirring defense of Epstein and Maxwell next.

She was a CHILD rapist.

There's always a double-standard for men versus women in these situations: [www.rollingstone.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: July 08, 2020 09:11PM
It has to be defined as rape because by legal deffinition, in our state someone as young as him does not have the right to consent. Their body isn't theirs. But, you can get birth control without parents knowledge at age 13. Goofy, huh?

I had it out with my partner's middle son when I caught him with his 15yo GF when he was 17. They couldn't wrap their brains around the fact that in Washington, even if you wanted to, you couldn't legally have sex until you hit 16. Unless I suppose you have a notarized letter from your parents?

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 08, 2020 09:29PM
.....it must be notarized by a PEN_IS mightier than.......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: July 08, 2020 09:45PM
Racer X
It has to be defined as rape because by legal deffinition, in our state someone as young as him does not have the right to consent. Their body isn't theirs. But, you can get birth control without parents knowledge at age 13. Goofy, huh?

I had it out with my partner's middle son when I caught him with his 15yo GF when he was 17. They couldn't wrap their brains around the fact that in Washington, even if you wanted to, you couldn't legally have sex until you hit 16. Unless I suppose you have a notarized letter from your parents?

No "Romeo & Juliet" exemption in your state?

I always wondered how she supported herself...I mean, who would hire someone like her with that particular type of crime on their record?
Date: July 09, 2020 12:55AM
After she was out, she became a hostess, and Villi became a DJ, at a gentlemens' club down by the Seattle stadiums in SODO.

Date: July 09, 2020 12:59AM
Bill in NC
Racer X

If the kid had been a senior over 18, he would have become a Level 3 sex offender. I explained to him that no matter what, when he hit 18, he better stay FAR AWAY until she hit 16. They ended breaking up before then. And since he wasn't my kid, I could become an accessory since it was my house, but his mom and I aren't married.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2020 12:59AM by Racer X.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 09, 2020 11:30PM
Racer X
Bill in NC
Racer X

If the kid had been a senior over 18, he would have become a Level 3 sex offender. I explained to him that no matter what, when he hit 18, he better stay FAR AWAY until she hit 16. They ended breaking up before then. And since he wasn't my kid, I could become an accessory since it was my house, but his mom and I aren't married.

I know they have to draw the line somewhere, but I think age-of-consent laws can be kind of weird. You can have a situation where on Tuesday at 11:59pm it's a felony and a minute or two later on Wednesday it's perfectly legal.

Also, in most states it's legal to get married younger than the age of consent (which means sex becomes legal).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018