advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Speaking of scams, got a "your SSN is in jeopary of fradulant blah blah" this morning.
Posted by: jdc
Date: July 08, 2020 01:31PM
came in on a spoofed 800 number.

Clicked 1 to speak with a person, and I didnt say anything.... and they didnt either. But I could hear several people in the backgound (male, Indian?) accents all speaking to people. A call center.

I clearly heard one say "I understand, but we need your money right now..."

I understand, but still, people suck.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Speaking of scams, got a "your SSN is in jeopary of fradulant blah blah" this morning.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 08, 2020 01:45PM
It's okay, I've gotten emails from Colonel Vladimir Pachenko who has been stuck on the MIR space station for many years, threatening to nuke my town if I don't send him money.
Re: Speaking of scams, got a "your SSN is in jeopary of fradulant blah blah" this morning.
Posted by: Don C
Date: July 08, 2020 02:09PM
So, Pachenko just tosses a nuke out the window and it lands on your town. Great image there!
Posted by: sunfalcon
Date: July 08, 2020 06:29PM
The IRS was investigating me on Monday. Got about five calls. Guess they got tired!
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 08, 2020 08:45PM
cbelt3
It's okay, I've gotten emails from Colonel Vladimir Pachenko who has been stuck on the MIR space station for many years, threatening to nuke my town if I don't send him money.

ROTFL
Posted by: Michael
Date: July 09, 2020 04:59AM
sunfalcon
The IRS was investigating me on Monday. Got about five calls. Guess they got tired!

I got a couple of those when in the presence of our lawyer-daughter and lawyer SIL earlier this week. My daughter clearly is concerned that her old dad will succumb to such stupidity. She stopped and listened and watched to be SURE that I wouldn't do something stupid. She's forgotten that I'm the one who taught her to watch out for any of that type of stuff 20 years ago!
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 09, 2020 06:18PM
One of those bastards suckered my octogenarian mother in law recently. Fortunately we were able to cancel the credit card charge, but I would love to personally feed the SOBs who called her a nice hot gallon of fluoroantimonic acid via a funnel.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018