advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Thor Was Right
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 08, 2020 06:32PM
“ DNA analysis suggests there was mixing between Native Americans and Polynesians around AD 1200.
The extent of potential contacts between the regions has been a hotly contested area for decades.
In 1947, Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl made a journey by raft from South America to Polynesia to demonstrate the voyage was possible.
Until now, proponents of Native American and Polynesian interaction reasoned that some common cultural elements, such as a similar word used for a common crop, hinted that the two populations had mingled before Europeans settled in South America. “

[www.bbc.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Thor Was Right
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 08, 2020 06:34PM
Obligatory
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 08, 2020 06:54PM
....poly.......amorous......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: sekker
Date: July 08, 2020 07:18PM
It's amazing that our genetic signatures are time capsules...
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 08, 2020 08:07PM
Still want to know what's up with the 600 AD Chinese pottery found on the Oregon Coast.

And any further info on the St Brendan leather coracle from Ireland to.... somewhere west?

Viking rune stones in Canada and along the Mississippi? river?

The whole Columbus thing makes me roll my eyes.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2020 08:09PM by Racer X.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: July 08, 2020 09:18PM
This is just fascinating news. It is amazing how bold and adventurous we are as a species. Can you imagine looking at the vast Pacific and contemplating going even further out into it in the hopes of discovering something new? Just amazing!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 08, 2020 11:10PM
They had no concept of horizon or distances they were looking at. They knew how to sail and they knew how to fish. At least a few of the fortunate ones did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2020 11:11PM by RgrF.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 09, 2020 06:53AM
How 'bout we go sailing and stop just before the edge of the world, and peek over it?

Historically, collectives have always had a majority that said 'There be monsters and demons waiting for us in the great beyond. Let's stay here where it's safe, and if the canaries survive the atmosphere of the unknown, we'll think about it.

Fortunately for those folk, there's always a canary or two to service the experience, even while some among the collective are sayin the equivalent of 'Darwin Award candidtates!' for those who didn't make it.

So what ever concepts explorers did or did not have, they had the balls to go were fraidy cats feared to tread. There hasn't been that much change.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018