advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
chills me to the bone?!....this TV show on streaming service just canceled.......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 08, 2020 08:41PM
....Netflix cancels......'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina'.....8 episodes left to air....

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Cancelled at Netflix

.....It’s been a rough week for the Archieverse. Just days after The CW pulled the plug on Riverdale spinoff Katy Keene, Netflix has gone and cancelled fellow sister series Chilling Adventures of Sabrina after two super-sized seasons (or four parts),

The Kiernan Shipka-headlined series’ final eight episodes (aka Part 4) will premiere later this year.

Working on Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been an incredible honor from Day One,” said showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa in a statement to TVLine. “The cast, beginning with Kiernan as everyone’s favorite teen witch, has been an absolute joy. I am beyond thankful to the crew, writers, editors, assistants, and everyone for pouring so much love into this dark dream of a show. I’m also grateful to our partners at Netflix, Warner Bros., Berlanti Television and Archie Comics for letting us tell the story we wanted to tell, the way we wanted to tell it. We can’t wait for everyone to see Part Four.”

Originally in development at The CW as a companion to Riverdale, Sabrina eventually moved to Netflix, where it scored a 20-episode straight-to-series order. It premiered on the streamer in Oct. 2018. A second season of 16 episodes was subsequently ordered, the first eight of which dropped in January.
The cast of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina includes Shipka in the title role, Miranda Otto as Zelda Spellman, Lucy Davis as Hilda Spellman, Ross Lynch as Harvey Kinkle, Gavin Leatherwood as Nicholas Scratch, Chance Perdomo as Ambrose Spellman, Jaz Sinclair as Rosalind Walker, Lachlan Watson as Theo Putnam, Michelle Gomez as Madam Satan, Richard Coyle as Father Blackwood, Tati Gabrielle as Prudence Blackwood, Adeline Rudolph as Agatha and Abigail Cowen as Dorcas.

In the final eight episodes, “The Eldritch Terrors will descend upon Greendale,” per Netflix. “The coven must fight each terrifying threat one-by-one (The Weird, The Returned, The Darkness to name a few), all leading up to…The Void, which is the End of All Things. As the witches wage war, with the help of The Fright Club, Nick begins to slowly earn his way back into Sabrina’s heart, but will it be too late?”

son.....of....a.....witch.....?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: chills me to the bone?!....this TV show on streaming service just canceled.......
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 08, 2020 09:37PM
Netflix likes to kill shows young.

Re: chills me to the bone?!....this TV show on streaming service just canceled.......
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 09, 2020 06:36AM
I'm surprised Riverdale, a bad show, wasn't cancelled sooner than it was.

Sabrina wasn't a show worth saving or deserving of a second season, let alone a third.

I really dislike the appropriating of a previous show's cachét, and reimagining it into absolutely nothing remotely resembling the show's namesake, except for character names, with no intention of rolling it into anything remotely resembling what we knew of said namesake.

Perry Mason sucks, and from what I've seen so far, follows the above formula.

As is, I'd probably enjoy it more if the creators hadn't stooped to stolen cachét.

If it eventually morphs into something of what we knew of Perry, then I'd reevaluate.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 09, 2020 07:33AM
Sarcany
Netflix likes to kill shows young.

They learned it from FOX.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: July 09, 2020 02:36PM
RAMd®d

Sabrina wasn't a show worth saving or deserving of a second season, let alone a third.

I really dislike the appropriating of a previous show's cachét, and reimagining it into absolutely nothing remotely resembling the show's namesake, except for character names, with no intention of rolling it into anything remotely resembling what we knew of said namesake.

Perry Mason sucks, and from what I've seen so far, follows the above formula.

As is, I'd probably enjoy it more if the creators hadn't stooped to stolen cachét.

If it eventually morphs into something of what we knew of Perry, then I'd reevaluate.

Didn't Riverdale get a 5th season?
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 09, 2020 04:45PM
I never watched Riverdale. Isn't it basically a soap opera?

Posted by: Sarcany
Date: July 09, 2020 05:42PM
RAMd®d

I really dislike the appropriating of a previous show's cachét, and reimagining it into absolutely nothing remotely resembling the show's namesake...

You haven't been reading the comics. This was true to character.

This show was based on a recent "Archie Horror" series which was, itself, derived from a 1970s anthology series.

The show was a remarkably faithful adaptation for much of the first season.

[en.wikipedia.org]

...And I have enjoyed it.

Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 10, 2020 08:55AM
I enjoyed the series as well.

There was a period about 40-50 years ago where they licensed the Archie Comics characters to a Christian organization for their teaching purposes. To keep those licensing fees coming in, that limited the stories they would go into in the regular Archie comics
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018