advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Two royal FedEx ****ups in one day
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 09, 2020 03:30PM
First, we get a package meant for a doctor (eye doc, it may be contact lenses) to our residential address that is labelled with our correct address, but has zero link to us, and is possibly to another town (but not the same address).

Second, I send an eBay item to Texas and it ends up being delivered in MA. Fark! Now, I got to track this down and hope the recipient will not open it up and sends it back to FedEx, wherever they are.

edit: I'll add this is a first, I've had great experiences with FE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2020 03:30PM by mrbigstuff.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Two royal FedEx ****ups in one day
Posted by: wurm
Date: July 09, 2020 03:39PM
They're usually excellent here, too. But last week I found a package on my doorstep addressed to the house next door. Our street number is at the end of the driveway and about 5' above our step where the package was dropped. Wrong name. Wrong address. And the neighbors were home.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 09, 2020 03:45PM
....and we'll never be Royals......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 09, 2020 08:46PM
First, we get a package meant for a doctor (eye doc, it may be contact lenses) to our residential address that is labelled with our correct address, but has zero link to us, and is possibly to another town (but not the same address).

Maybe intended for Oregon?
Date: July 09, 2020 10:15PM
RgrF

Maybe intended for Oregon?

My state of mass.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 10, 2020 10:17AM
to our residential address that is labelled with our correct address, but has zero link to us, and is possibly to another town (but not the same address).

That's weird.

I've seen a package with a correct address and the wrong zip code delivered to me (wrong city/state), ignoring the presumably correct city/state shown in the address, because of transposed numbers.

But a package with a correct street address, city, state, and zip code but unknown addressee is pretty odd.

Almost sounds like one of those old ebay/credit card frauds.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: July 10, 2020 11:36AM
It is definitely weird. They had a somewhat similar address at another of their offices, so I'll assume that my address was just in the system and was mistakenly entered. But that still doesn't explain how the name accompanying the address is not mine.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: July 10, 2020 12:13PM
RAMd®d
to our residential address that is labelled with our correct address, but has zero link to us, and is possibly to another town (but not the same address).

That's weird.

I've seen a package with a correct address and the wrong zip code delivered to me (wrong city/state), ignoring the presumably correct city/state shown in the address, because of transposed numbers.

But a package with a correct street address, city, state, and zip code but unknown addressee is pretty odd.

Almost sounds like one of those old ebay/credit card frauds.

Could be one of those frauds.

2-3 weeks ago a package was delivered to my house, I happened to be there when the delivery person came up to drop it off. I wasn't expecting any, and took a quick look to see if it was addressed to my son. Totally unknown name there, so I handed it back. There are a few rental properties up the street, so it could have just had the wrong street number.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 82
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018