Date: July 11, 2020 10:04PM
[youtu.be]

This song still cooks!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I made a pilgrimage to save this human’s race
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 11, 2020 11:11PM
Yes, great song, great song indeed.

I saw these guys play in early 1984 at Cal Poly Pomona. Not in a gym or an arena or anything like that -- they did a short lunch show that was literally outside the student building in a small grassy quad. it was a small gathering -- maybe ten people in attendance. Probably as close as I'll ever get to the artists during a performance.

EDIT: Does anybody remember their other (lessor) hit "Ink and Paper"?

It is what it is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2020 11:41PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 12, 2020 12:10AM
I saw them in a club in 1990. Good band. Ran into an ex-girlfriend. She showed up at my place later that night. It was a good night...

I sent it to my sister, who still loves "Valley Girl" where she first heard this song.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: tenders
Date: July 12, 2020 12:59AM
N-OS X-tasy!

Sure! My girlfriend sent that to me in a mix tape. Now married...gee...coming up on 24 years.
Posted by: stephen
Date: July 12, 2020 02:53AM
I shared this on Facebook a few days ago. So good.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: July 12, 2020 03:21AM
N-OS X-tasy!

I saw these guys play in early 1984 at Cal Poly Pomona. Not in a gym or an arena or anything like that -- they did a short lunch show that was literally outside the student building in a small grassy quad. it was a small gathering -- maybe ten people in attendance. Probably as close as I'll ever get to the artists during a performance.

As long as we're into reminiscing --

I went into this place in Westwood in, I think, 1967. They had a deal where you could get a slice of pizza and a coke for a dollar. Including tax, it was $1.04 at the time. It was called the Pizza Palace.

They had this tiny stage area and while I was sipping, this band with a couple of guys and this tiny woman come on. I was amazed at her voice and the song selection. I had never heard of Linda Ronstadt at the time, and I guess very few others had either. I came back a couple of nights later and spent another buck-four for what was pretty close to a private concert.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 12, 2020 04:31AM
Ca Bob
N-OS X-tasy!

As long as we're into reminiscing --

I went into this place in Westwood in, I think, 1967. They had a deal where you could get a slice of pizza and a coke for a dollar. Including tax, it was $1.04 at the time. It was called the Pizza Palace.

They had this tiny stage area and while I was sipping, this band with a couple of guys and this tiny woman come on. I was amazed at her voice and the song selection. I had never heard of Linda Ronstadt at the time, and I guess very few others had either. I came back a couple of nights later and spent another buck-four for what was pretty close to a private concert.

Wow — I’m officially jealous.

It is what it is.
Posted by: sunfalcon
Date: July 12, 2020 10:23AM
Takes me right back to high school. Thanks for sharing!
Posted by: testcase
Date: July 12, 2020 12:01PM
One of my all time favorites. old fogey smiley
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 12, 2020 10:11PM
That's cool. I'm digging some home stuff (even if it's recorded and not live) even more than the original work. We should have a thread of great stuff we've found of this ilk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018