advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I just received my Sirius settlement
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 14, 2020 09:27AM
$38.45. I have never subscribed to Sirius but two of my vehicles have the capability to receive it.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 09:28AM by Speedy.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I just received my Sirius settlement
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: July 14, 2020 09:47AM
That's some 'Sirius' cash right there! smiley-laughing001

Grateful11
Posted by: rz
Date: July 14, 2020 11:28AM
Siriously!
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: July 14, 2020 11:33AM
I had it on a company car for a few years; I really liked it. Road trips were fun because of the family-friendly comedy channel, where our family discovered the likes of John Pinnette and Mitch Hedburg. I wound up on the 70s channel more often than not.

Once the free version dropped (company opted out) they wanted something like $20 per month per vehicle, plus an additional fee for home use, etc.; that was just batshit crazy for a radio subscription. Even at $5/month I'd rather just stream from my iPhone.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: July 14, 2020 11:43AM
My wife cut a deal with them to keep it on her 2019 Camry XSE for $60/year.
She likes it, it's ok but I have a ton of songs on my iPhone I'd rather hear.

Grateful11
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 14, 2020 01:34PM
Same here, you tell them you cancel and refuse all their offers until the go down to $60/year. My wife has a calendar and calls a few days before subscription is due to renew at $15/month. And even if you call past that date, they can prorate it and you only pay the difference up to $60 for another year.
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 14, 2020 01:51PM
space-time
Same here, you tell them you cancel and refuse all their offers until the go down to $60/year. My wife has a calendar and calls a few days before subscription is due to renew at $15/month. And even if you call past that date, they can prorate it and you only pay the difference up to $60 for another year.

This year, all the guy at the other end asked was "Would you like the same $60/yr rate as last year?" So if one has the time and the wants to put in the effort, they might even be able to squeeze S/XM a little harder.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 14, 2020 04:26PM
I think it's worth it at ~$70/year ($60 plus some extra fees), but there's no way I'd pay the $20/month regular price they want.

(At least it *was* worth it when I actually spent any time in the car, which is not happening these days.)

Posted by: rz
Date: July 14, 2020 08:37PM
I'm liking their online streaming. I have a lifetime subscription, but my wife is currently paying $5/month, and she gets the online stuff free with that. I get to use her login to listen.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: July 15, 2020 12:49AM
rz
Siriously!

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Will Collier
Date: July 15, 2020 09:37AM
You Sirius, Clark?
Date: July 15, 2020 09:38AM
bfd
space-time

This year, all the guy at the other end asked was "Would you like the same $60/yr rate as last year?" So if one has the time and the wants to put in the effort, they might even be able to squeeze S/XM a little harder.

You don't even have to call any more. Log in to your account and click on the "cancel" option, it'll take you right to a $5/month offer.
Posted by: wurm
Date: July 15, 2020 01:49PM
Is this automatic or do we have to fill out some form? And if so, where is it? My wife is a subscriber.
Date: July 15, 2020 02:27PM
wurm
Is this automatic or do we have to fill out some form? And if so, where is it? My wife is a subscriber.

[www.siriusxm.com]

Select Cancel and it'll go to your current account. Go on the Chat option on the lower right and tell them you want to cancel because it's too expensive. Keep turning down the offers until you see the $5/month option.
Posted by: wurm
Date: July 15, 2020 06:02PM
Will Collier
wurm

[www.siriusxm.com]

Select Cancel and it'll go to your current account. Go on the Chat option on the lower right and tell them you want to cancel because it's too expensive. Keep turning down the offers until you see the $5/month option.

Sorry. I was referring to the settlement check.
Date: July 15, 2020 06:59PM
wurm
Will Collier
wurm

[www.siriusxm.com]

Sorry. I was referring to the settlement check.

Ah, in that case:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 214
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020