advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PayPal: any way to get your partial refund put back on your credit card?
Posted by: JoeM
Date: July 17, 2020 08:48AM
I got a partial refund for a product I bought through PP using a credit card but the only way I can obtain the refund is to either give PP my social security #, which I refuse to do ( and is the reason I stopped selling digital copies of my music thru PP) or give them my bank account information, which I’m not crazy about doing.

I’m surprised that they don’t return the refund to the credit card and I can’t find any way I can elect that as the return method. Anyone know if this is possible? I guess I could give them my bank info, get the refund and then delete my bank account but I really don’t want them having it even for a short time.

JoeM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PayPal: any way to get your partial refund put back on your credit card?
Posted by: Carm
Date: July 17, 2020 09:45AM
I opened up an account online with a credit union, gave them that bank info. It’s crazy that a lot people freely give out their banking info.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: July 17, 2020 09:46AM
My two experiences with PayPal refunds (both from eBay transactions that eBay stopped for fraud) went directly to my CC. I thought that was SOP. I expected that.

Remember how when you were little
you could just rip off your diaper and
just run around naked and everyone
thought it was so cute and funny?

Anyway, I need bail money.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: July 17, 2020 10:30AM
I thought that online refunds had to go back to the payment method. Something about money laundering.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 17, 2020 11:07AM
I would open a 2nd account with your bank/cu.

Since they are repaying you in essentially cash, make sure they don't try to 1099 you! I've had that happen to a friend.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: July 17, 2020 01:16PM
Thanks all, I agree that it should go back on the card automatically. I'm going to see if I can contact them about doing that first but if not an option I guess I'll have to open another account as advised. I really dislike PP's strong arming you to get your personal and banking info.

JoeM
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 17, 2020 06:42PM
I just have a second checking account at my credit union.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: July 17, 2020 08:20PM
Now I’m wondering if it will go back on my card after some time and what they are offering is if I want the money right away. I read on Google that it’s supposed to go back to the card. They don’t make it easy to get information that isn’t in their FAQs. I need to poke around their site some more.

JoeM
Posted by: AllGold
Date: July 18, 2020 12:49AM
JoeM
Thanks all, I agree that it should go back on the card automatically. I'm going to see if I can contact them about doing that first but if not an option I guess I'll have to open another account as advised. I really dislike PP's strong arming you to get your personal and banking info.

I think that is what is really happening. I'll bet somehow you can get the money refunded to the original payment method.

Posted by: space-time
Date: July 18, 2020 06:45AM
I had a full refund go back to CC, not sure about partial refunds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 219
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018