advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
It's time for Dodger Baseball
Posted by: artie67
Date: July 23, 2020 06:58PM
Mookie Betts signs for 12 years and $365 million. Att & t will carry the Dodgers for the 60 games starting tonight at Dodger stadium at 7 Pacific time on ESPN. No fans in the stands.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: It's time for Dodger Baseball
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 23, 2020 07:05PM
I'm making food right now!!!

Mookie's been rippin it up. Chris Taylor too. Dodgers are so stacked that they optioned the likely Rookie of the Year, Gavin Lux. Go Dodgers!

My side team are the A's. Go A's!

Where are the Giant's fans at? Yankees" Mets" Houston Asterisks?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 23, 2020 08:10PM
We'll not be able to watch - Speaking for Sox fans everywhere.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 23, 2020 08:16PM
....Sox....appeal....??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: bfd
Date: July 24, 2020 01:06AM
It's a sprint to 60 games. Injuries will play a larger factor than they might otherwise play. Expect to see plenty of subbing in and out and lots of players you've never heard of before.

And the Dodgers will not win a World Series.

Again.
Date: July 24, 2020 02:12AM
bfd
It's a sprint to 60 games. Injuries will play a larger factor than they might otherwise play. Expect to see plenty of subbing in and out and lots of players you've never heard of before.

And the Dodgers will not win a World Series.

Again.

You're telling me to be satisfied with 5 they won in my lifetime? hmmmm?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 24, 2020 02:19AM
Mookie was the only member of your beloved Dodgers who took a knee throughout - why do you think that is?
Date: July 24, 2020 02:38AM
RgrF
Mookie was the only member of your beloved Dodgers who took a knee throughout - why do you think that is?

Only the actual Black (American) guys kneel during the Anthem. That's why Bellinger and Muncie had their hands on his shoulders to be supportive. Dodgers only got the one Black American guy. Terrence Gore too but they didn't show him during the Anthem.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: July 24, 2020 04:05AM
Well, the Dodgers have never lost a season game in a corona virus season, not ever, or even once. And they won all those game with a rookie starting pitcher.
Posted by: DP
Date: July 24, 2020 07:08AM
Unfortunately, the 2020 MLB season, as well as all other sports, will have a big ol' asterisk attached to it...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: July 24, 2020 11:44AM
DP
Unfortunately, the 2020 MLB season, as well as all other sports, will have a big ol' asterisk attached to it...

Exactly the reason I almost don’t want the Dodgers to win the World Series this year. Now that they have Mookie signed to a multi-year contract, treat this “season” like training camp and spend it getting ready to dominate next season.

One of the biggest thing COVID stole from fans this year was the ability to boo the Astros at road games, especially at Fenway Park and Dodger Stadium. I hope fans carry the memory of what the Astros did through to the 2021 season.

It is what it is.
Date: July 24, 2020 01:46PM
N-OS X-tasy!
DP

Exactly the reason I almost don’t want the Dodgers to win the World Series this year. Now that they have Mookie signed to a multi-year contract, treat this “season” like training camp and spend it getting ready to dominate next season.

One of the biggest thing COVID stole from fans this year was the ability to boo the Astros at road games, especially at Fenway Park and Dodger Stadium. I hope fans carry the memory of what the Astros did through to the 2021 season.

I wouldn't worry about that guys. Plenty of champions won during strike/lockout shortened seasons. Nobody questions the Chicago Blackhawks 2013 title for example. It's only an asterisk is someone cheats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 208
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020