advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
When to expect mail in ballot?
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 25, 2020 12:52PM
When should I expect my mailin ballot for Nov election? I got a notification of my application.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2020 01:36PM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: When to expect mail in ballot?
Posted by: Michael
Date: July 25, 2020 01:38PM
According to the League of Women Voters in Tx, ballots are mailed out 30 days before an election or 7 days after the election office receives an application if the application isn't received early.

The TX SOS says that Oct. 23 is the last day for the county election office to receive a request to vote by mail. People who are 65 or older (or meet other qualifications) can apply to vote by mail for all elections in a given year starting Jan 1 of that year.

[my.lwv.org]
Posted by: Wags
Date: July 25, 2020 02:24PM
Vote by mail should be national. It's been working flawlessly here in Oregon for over 20 years. In all the time there's been only a few of instances of fraud all very minor, totaling 14 votes out of over 15 million. I'm sorry you have to go through all that BS, Sam. Hang in there and thanks for persevering.

[www.brookings.edu]
Posted by: freeradical
Date: July 25, 2020 02:43PM
November 4th
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 25, 2020 04:48PM
I haven't received any mail in 6 days except for the shopping flyers on Wednesday. That's never happened before.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: July 25, 2020 05:04PM
Just got mine today. I haven't opened it yet though to see if it's for the national (unlikely) or more likely, the runoffs that we're supposed to be having.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Racer X
Date: July 25, 2020 07:40PM
Wags
Vote by mail should be national. It's been working flawlessly here in Oregon for over 20 years. In all the time there's been only a few of instances of fraud all very minor, totaling 14 votes out of over 15 million. I'm sorry you have to go through all that BS, Sam. Hang in there and thanks for persevering.

[www.brookings.edu]

Washington State is now all mail in. Has been for years. Works well as far as I am concerned. We got our first round ballots last week. These tell our local reps how to vote. Every state is different, based on how the individual State constitutions are written.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 25, 2020 08:45PM

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: samintx
Date: July 26, 2020 07:57AM
Thanks all..guess it is a waiting game in Tx.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2020 07:58AM by samintx.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: July 26, 2020 09:01AM
More on point might be, when should I become alarmed if I haven't received my ballot - this is not going to be your father's election cycle.
Posted by: Wags
Date: July 26, 2020 10:28AM
Racer X
Wags

[www.brookings.edu]

Washington State is now all mail in. Has been for years. Works well as far as I am concerned. We got our first round ballots last week. These tell our local reps how to vote. Every state is different, based on how the individual State constitutions are written.

I've signed up for ballot tracking and I get emails telling me when my ballots are on the way and when they've been received by election officials.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 222
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020