advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RIP: Peter Green [ 'Fleetwood Mac' co-founder ].....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 25, 2020 01:20PM
....at 73.....peacefully in his sleep....

Fleetwood Mac co-founder Peter Green, blues guitarist and songwriter, dies at 73

Green, considered by some as one of the best British blues guitarists of the 1960s, also composed hit songs like "Albatross" and "Black Magic Woman."

....Peter Green, co-founder of rock band Fleetwood Mac, has died at age of 73, according to a law firm acting on behalf of his family.

"It is with great sadness that the family of Peter Green announce his death this weekend, peacefully in his sleep," Swan Turton LLP, solicitors acting on behalf of his family, said in a statement.

The blues guitarist and singer-songwriter started the band alongside drummer Mick Fleetwood in London in 1967. He left the group a few years later, in the early 1970s, after struggling with mental illness.

Fleetwood told The Associated Press in 2017 that Green deserves the lion’s share of the credit for the band’s success.

“Peter was asked why did he call the band Fleetwood Mac. He said, ‘Well, you know I thought maybe I’d move on at some point and I wanted Mick and John (McVie) to have a band.’ End of story, explaining how generous he was,” said Fleetwood, who described Green as a standout musician in an era of great guitarists.

Green was so fundamental to the band that in its early days it was called Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac, the co-founder added.

Green became an influential blues rock guitarist. Rolling Stone said he's considered one of the best 100 greatest guitarists ever.

He also made his mark as a composer, with “Albatross,” “Oh Well” and “Black Magic Woman.”

RIP..............?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2020 01:21PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RIP: Peter Green [ 'Fleetwood Mac' co-founder ].....
Posted by: JoeM
Date: July 25, 2020 01:48PM
A sad story and a great loss. Thanks for the music and RIP.

JoeM
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 25, 2020 02:23PM
sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: July 25, 2020 02:40PM
Sad. Saw the original (sort of) lineup in 1969 at The Marquee in London. A few years ago I was hoping to see him again as he was touring with John Mayall but the local to me concert was cancelled.

Paul

Posted by: testcase
Date: July 25, 2020 03:11PM
When I die, I want to go like my grandfather did;

peacefully, in his sleep.

Not screaming and panicked,

like the passengers in his car......... eye rolling smiley
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 25, 2020 08:43PM
Peter Allen Greenbaum was born in Bethnal Green, London, on 29 October 1946, into a Jewish family.

(No relation to Norman Greenbaum.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2020 08:53PM by Steve G..
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 25, 2020 10:54PM
One of my all time favorite tracks; Green Manalishi
Posted by: DP
Date: July 26, 2020 07:03AM
Saw him with Splinter Group a few years ago. Played Green Manalishi and Albatross along with S. G.'s material.

RIP, to a great talent...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 215
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020