AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RYF! ONE DOLLAR HomeDepot 50' 12-Gauge Outdoor Extension Cord w/Lighted Plug
Posted by: d4
Date: July 28, 2020 11:41AM
RYF!

ONE DOLLAR
HomeDepot 50' 12-Gauge Outdoor Extension Cord w/Lighted Plug

I don't see it mentioned on SlickDeals yet. So keep it on the down low until all the MRFs have had their fill.

[www.homedepot.com]

50 ft. 12/3 SJTW Hi-Visibility Outdoor Heavy-Duty Extension Cord with Power Light Plug

12 gauge
Weather resistant jacket
Lighted end indicates power is on

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RYF! ONE DOLLAR HomeDepot 50' 12-Gauge Outdoor Extension Cord w/Lighted Plug
Posted by: GGD
Date: July 28, 2020 11:43AM
I'm seeing $32.55, probably not quick enough.
Re: RYF! ONE DOLLAR HomeDepot 50' 12-Gauge Outdoor Extension Cord w/Lighted Plug
Posted by: Schpark
Date: July 28, 2020 11:43AM
Nope, $32.55

"Without death, life would lose much of its meaning. My goal is to live in such a manner that I alter world in some fundamental way before I'm gone. As I get older and watch my son grow I realize I've already achieved my goal." - Ztirffritz
Date: July 28, 2020 11:52AM
That's weird. I have repeatedly reloaded the page. And it still shows as $1.
I've put 8 of them in the shopping cart. Reloaded page. Still shows as $1.
Here I am at checkout for 8 of them.

Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: July 28, 2020 11:53AM
$32.55

emoticon-tv-015
How many cancellations will there be??

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: July 28, 2020 11:53AM
d4
That's weird. I have repeatedly reloaded the page. And it still shows as $1.
I've put 8 of them in the shopping cart. Reloaded page. Still shows as $1.
Here I am at checkout for 8 of them.

I sense a cancellation email in your future....

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: July 28, 2020 12:00PM
Well I placed the order. So far so good.
If it doesn't get cancelled I'm all set.

Posted by: surfer33
Date: July 28, 2020 12:07PM
Thanks, but I get $32.55.
Posted by: Z
Date: July 28, 2020 12:50PM
Order for all of us, d4!

$32.55
Here too
Date: July 28, 2020 01:01PM
I even switched browsers and used Safari (which I rarely use).

Just to be sure nothing funky was going on with the direct link, this time I went to Home Depot site and searched for "50' 12-Gauge Outdoor Extension Cord". Same $1 cable popped up.

Maybe the online price is location based?
Paging Robert M!

Posted by: vision63
Date: July 28, 2020 01:04PM
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 28, 2020 01:39PM
I get the $32 too, in the app

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: July 28, 2020 02:21PM
Perhaps Home Depot has started their micro-targeting campaigns?

ONLY FOR YOU, d4!

rj
AKA
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 28, 2020 02:25PM
which ZIP code?
Posted by: Carm
Date: July 28, 2020 02:46PM
32.xx also
Date: July 28, 2020 03:14PM
So assuming this shows up at $1.00, how do you feel about purchasing this item below cost knowing HD will lose money on this item?
Date: July 28, 2020 03:19PM
space-time
So assuming this shows up at $1.00, how do you feel about purchasing this item below cost knowing HD will lose money on this item?

If it costs them enough to hurt, they'll cancel the order. Fine print, space-time.

rj
AKA
Date: July 28, 2020 03:32PM
space-time

Or looking at it another way, how do you feel about paying $17.49 to ship an $8 purchase.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: July 28, 2020 04:04PM
Getting $32.55.

It's really odd that only one person is seeing this.

But if I saw that add, I'd be in for three or four.

This is assuming that d4 didn't get his DNS hijacked and is seeing a fake ad.

But as a real HD page, it could be a mistake or a loss-leader (though a really great one).

Either way, I'd be in.

If they cancel the mistake, ok.

If they don't, then A-OK.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: July 28, 2020 04:07PM
GGD
space-time

Or looking at it another way, how do you feel about paying $17.49 to ship an $8 purchase.

shipping only adds $2.18 per item, so still a heck of a deal for a total cost that is 10x lower than normal price.

Now why only 8, is there a limit? why not 45 to get free shipping?
Date: July 28, 2020 04:30PM
space-time
GGD
space-time

shipping only adds $2.18 per item, so still a heck of a deal for a total cost that is 10x lower than normal price.

Now why only 8, is there a limit? why not 45 to get free shipping?

That would really maximize their loss (and the awesomeness of the deal).

From the product description the "Product Weight (oz.)" is 103.68 oz, that's 6.48 lbs. 8 of them is 51.84 lbs. 45 of them would be 291.6 lbs, that's quite a deal with free shipping.
Posted by: Cary
Date: July 28, 2020 05:48PM
Interesting - in the HD app, it says 32.55, then the next screen says 1.00, but when added to cart, goes back to 32.55 each.

Thanks for the heads up!
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 28, 2020 06:27PM
Getting $32.xx as well. I say 45 of them and resell for $2 each. 100% profit!

EDIT: IS that a half mile? 45*50'?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2020 07:41PM by Rolando.
Date: July 28, 2020 07:21PM
I refrained from buying 45 of them because if it is some sort of glitch and the price unwittingly rolls to the $32 that everyone else is seeing, I don't want a $1500 surprise charge on my card and then I'll have to lug +200lbs of extension cords back to Home Depot. I ordered a reasonable 4 cords. Total price with tax and shipping came to 15 bucks. I'll keep a couple and give a couple away if they arrive.

If anything, to get the free shipping, I could've tacked on some drill bits. Or that pole saw I've been eyeing. But then they might send me the drill bits after they cancel the cords. The item I wanted in the first place. Come on now. This ain't my first rodeo. Hah.

Posted by: datbeme
Date: July 28, 2020 11:26PM
d4
I refrained from buying 45 of them because if it is some sort of glitch and the price unwittingly rolls to the $32 that everyone else is seeing, I don't want a $1500 surprise charge on my card and then I'll have to lug +200lbs of extension cords back to Home Depot. I ordered a reasonable 4 cords. Total price with tax and shipping came to 15 bucks. I'll keep a couple and give a couple away if they arrive.

If anything, to get the free shipping, I could've tacked on some drill bits. Or that pole saw I've been eyeing. But then they might send me the drill bits after they cancel the cords. The item I wanted in the first place. Come on now. This ain't my first rodeo. Hah.

You can always challenge the charge to your CC. I say order a few more as you may have a need someday. We are all seeing $32, so if you can get an extra 10+, you might as well give it a try.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: July 28, 2020 11:50PM
datbeme
I say order a few more as you may have a need someday. We are all seeing $32, so if you can get an extra 10+, you might as well give it a try.

Put them on the "For Sale & Free Items" portion. I'll give a clean shine Lincoln!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: July 29, 2020 11:47AM
So did it ship? Got a tracking number? Does tracking show the weight?
Date: July 29, 2020 03:27PM
I have an email confirmation with order number and an estimated arrival date of Aug 7 which doesn't really mean much. It's been 24 hours and no cancellation email yet though!

Date: July 29, 2020 06:28PM
just ordered 45. use PayPal.

smiley-laughing001

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2020 06:29PM by space-time.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: July 29, 2020 10:54PM
There's probably at least $20 worth of copper in that thing.

I too don't see $1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018