advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
More stress relief images
Posted by: DP
Date: July 30, 2020 09:34AM
I shot these birdie pix a few weeks ago but wasn't going to post because they're not new discoveries. In fact, I'm surprised about the dearth of birds up at our cottage. I haven't seen any warblers, e.g., and while, yes-they are hard to see, being small and very active-I should've seen a few by now. All I've seen are the usual suspects.

But I'm posting a few images of the usual suspects anyway as maybe you can glean a little happiness from these wonderful creatures.

An Eastern Kingbird with dinner. The dragonfly didn't glean any happiness, however:

A Red-eyed Vireo:

A pair of Downy Woodpeckers. Since they both appear to be females, I'm going out on a limb here to say they are a mom and juvenile:

And a couple of Great Blue Herons. This is a long shot with the trusty SX60 as the bird seemed to be relaxing; maybe from a full belly:

Since I was closer to this one, it froze in the pose! I like the dragonfly photo-bombing the image...

Thx for looking in...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: More stress relief images
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 30, 2020 10:20AM
It's been a bird paradise in my city back yard. I've seen a bunch of birds I've not ever seen before. Of course, I have no idea what they are, but it's been cool looking at them.

Thanks for the nice pics.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 30, 2020 10:42AM
thumbs up

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: July 30, 2020 10:45AM
I've seen a bunch of birds I've not ever seen before

If you can get some images, I'm sure this august forum could identify them. I'd like like to see something new!

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
Posted by: rgG
Date: July 30, 2020 11:04AM
We used to have a blue heron that would feed in our pond He would also sit on our roof and relieve himself. You might be surprised at how much poop can come from a bird of that size. sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: July 30, 2020 11:20AM
Lovely. Thank you.
Last week I saw a pair of green Herons flying from their fishing spots back to their nest. They were happily honking away at each other.. I had never heard them vocalize before. They sounded like a particularly throaty goose.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 30, 2020 11:50AM
the herons are amazing for a few reasons, I'm sure, but the silent takeoff and flight are what amaze me the most.

I'll try to capture some. I've looked up some, and two are a flicker of some sort (woodpecker, I guess) and a yellow bellied warbler (?).
Posted by: btfc
Date: July 30, 2020 12:18PM
There’s a pair of Eastern Kingbirds nesting on my Idaho place this summer. It is the first time I’ve seen them around here, I had to look them up. Thanks for the pictures!
Date: July 31, 2020 06:21AM
btfc
There’s a pair of Eastern Kingbirds nesting on my Idaho place this summer. It is the first time I’ve seen them around here, I had to look them up. Thanks for the pictures!

Surprised me too as I didn't think the Eastern Kingbird was that far west. But my book shows it as far west as WA and OR and down to TX!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 254
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018