The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Trenton police officer takes own life
Posted by: space-time
Date: July 30, 2020 03:27PM
so sad... rest in peace

[www.nj.com]

A veteran Trenton police officer took his own life in a parking lot Wednesday, officials said.
Sgt. Daniel Pagnotta, a 21-year-veteran of the department, died this morning in Plainsboro, according to a city spokesman.
“Beloved by everyone in the Trenton Police Department, he was devoted to Trenton and police work,” Mayor Reed Gusciora said in a statement.
The statement described Pagnotta as a devoted husband and father of two who loved soccer and making people laugh. His father, also named Dan, is a retired Trenton police officer.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trenton police officer takes own life
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: July 30, 2020 03:40PM
Chicago's seen quite an uptick in these over the last few years. Most recently, a deputy chief on Tuesday—second officer just this year.
Posted by: BillMac
Date: July 30, 2020 07:01PM
We’ve had 4 in our department (about 150 sworn members, give or take). in the 9 years I’ve been here. It sucks. You never know what demons anyone is fighting.

Be nice to one another.

-Bill
Posted by: August West
Date: July 30, 2020 08:09PM
IIRC, suicide rates for police are usually one - two points above the general population, and suicide rates overall are recently at a high point. Our culture has become rather mean in the last few decades, not that it has really ever been pristine.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 30, 2020 08:50PM
.....there have been a record # happening......one news story said because help for mental health is frowned upon in the police force [ there is a stigma in the 'macho' world ]......one relative said that her husband tried to get help internally but was basically ignored.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: jdc
Date: July 31, 2020 12:35AM
NewtonMP2100
.....there have been a record # happening......one news story said because help for mental health is frowned upon in the police force [ there is a stigma in the 'macho' world ]......one relative said that her husband tried to get help internally but was basically ignored.....

I think thats true of just about any person, regardless of their situation.

From a 10 year old girl 2 weeks ago, to heads of successful fashion empires a year ago, to real estate agent 3 years ago to cops today to Fritzs friend a few days ago. and everyone in between.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 01, 2020 05:56AM
Very sad, especially a father of two young kids. Peace to his family.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 01, 2020 09:08PM
As someone who has struggled with depression for multiple extended periods, including now, I can't believe how many must be silently suffering until they can't take it any more.

Yes, I have support and help. And no, I'm not a danger to myself or others. Check back after the elections. My level of disgust goes up every day.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: August 01, 2020 11:42PM
Our culture has become rather mean in the last few decades, not that it has really ever been pristine.

This.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

Perfection is the enemy of progress. -Winston Churchill

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 346
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018