advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
San Antonio School
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 01, 2020 11:25AM
Our school district contacted us, asking if after the first three weeks of virtual school, how would our child continue.

1. Continue virtual classes for another 9 weeks.
2. Part time in class, part time virtual 2 days in class.
3. Full time in class.

We chose the first option.

EDIT: I understand some people who work outside home (WFW?) have the choice of leaving the kids alone or sending them school. It is a tough choice.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 12:10PM by Rolando.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: San Antonio School
Posted by: Speedy
Date: August 01, 2020 11:28AM
Wise choice.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: bfd
Date: August 01, 2020 12:08PM
The choice option will work as long as it serves to cut the physical number of kids in classrooms. When the loading (and that's what it's called in schools) gets too heavy in classrooms, though, the odds of an outbreak become much greater and the workload to support a smaller number of virtual students will come into question. Just wait for it …
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 01, 2020 02:50PM
I truly want to know how school districts and local/state laws are dealing with child safety laws regarding adult supervision below the age of usually 10 or 12?

Can't legally leave those kids home alone. Child care and daycare/preschools are also being hammered. Parents DON'T want to be home with their kids 24/7. My thought is, You shouldn't have had kids then.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Don C
Date: August 01, 2020 08:05PM
Some folks thought that they wanted kids based on the assumption that schools would have them part of the time. When that assumption broke down they were stuck ... can't send them back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 205
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018