advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Save a facebook video?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 01, 2020 01:25PM
A local news reader's last day yesterday, this is her goodbye reel.

I'm gonna miss her journallastic integrities!

[www.facebook.com]

Anybody know how to save a facebook video?

EDIT: Just to be clear, I want to download this video

2nd EDIT: Found a way!
[www.logicinbound.com].

How to Download Videos from Facebook Without Any Apps
Here are the steps for a reliable process that will always work on your computer:

Find the video you want to download in your Facebook feed or on the poster’s Facebook page.
Right-click on the video and select Show video URL.Screenshot 2017 09 21 at 4.27.14 PM
A small pop-up window should appear with the video URL. Press Ctrl+C on your keyboard to copy the URL to your clipboard.
In your browser’s Address bar, press Ctrl+V to paste the video URL.
Modify the video URL by changing the “www” at the beginning of the URL to “m”. The URL should look otherwise identical. See this example for what going from step 5 to step 6 should resemble:
Once changed, press Enter to open the mobile version of the page and follow the steps below, depending on your browser.

Firefox browser Facebook Videos Download Instructions
Click the Play icon on the video to start playing the video in a new tab.
Right-click on the video and select the Save Video as… option.
Choose a location on your computer where you want to save the video, just like you would with any other file.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 02:09PM by Rolando.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Save a facebook video?
Posted by: graylocks
Date: August 01, 2020 01:33PM
click on video to enlarge. in the enlarged window on the right hand side beneath it will by your name with three horizontal dots next to it. clicking those dots bring up an option to save the video though i think it means just for your FB saved items not to download.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: August 01, 2020 02:51PM
There's a lot of free sites that will facilitate downloading FB video to you're HD. Some are better than others...stick with the websites, do not download an app.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: August 01, 2020 06:22PM
The free ClipGrab now grabs FB videos, too. Just right-click on the FB video to get the URL, then paste it into ClipGrab. I do this often.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: August 01, 2020 08:31PM
Some of the web sites/apps will require you to log into your account, if you're trying to download a video that isn't public. I use an app called, "JDownloader" which can download a ton of different types of videos. It does require your Facebook login to download non-public videos, but I'm more comfortable entering my password in an app than a website (I know, I know....it's still a risk).

It's a solid app, though.

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: rz
Date: August 01, 2020 09:29PM
I use Jdownloader too. It's great for downloading YouTube music videos as well. It will automatically download both the video and an audio version of the video.
Posted by: mspace
Date: August 02, 2020 09:29AM
I use this- [www.fbdown.net]
Posted by: Sam3
Date: August 03, 2020 05:32AM
Jeez, JDownloader wants to add two other apps during installation. They have nothing to do with downloading. I HATE apps that do that!

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: August 03, 2020 08:33AM
Sam, try ClipGrab. [clipgrab.org]

It's got a fanatical group of developers who are constantly updating it. Super easy interface.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Catalina 10.15.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 227
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018