advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Epson Perfection 4870 Photo Troubleshoot with image
Posted by: chopper
Date: August 03, 2020 03:42PM
I'm using my old Epson to scan some slides.

I scanned one set successfully.

The bed was dirty so I lifted off the top scanner and cleaned both the top scanner and the bed.

Now it won't scan. It did this once before probably 10 years ago but I can't remember the solution.

Reinstalled the software. No joy.

Scanner is unlocked. Tried a second cable. No joy. The top scanner is not moving. If I set it to flatbed it works fine. As a flat bed scanner.

Any suggestions welcome.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Epson Perfection 4870 Photo Troubleshoot with image
Posted by: Ammo
Date: August 03, 2020 08:22PM
Sorry I can’t help, but I’m curious to know if you are using an Epson driver. My Epson Perfection 4490 driver hasn’t been updated for a while and I’m reluctant to buy a 3rd Party app since I don’t do a lot of scanning anymore.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: space-time
Date: August 03, 2020 09:19PM
I am not familiar with that model, but when you say The bed was dirty so I lifted off the top scanner and cleaned both the top scanner and the bed to me is sounds like something didn't get closed/seated right and the scanner is not moving. Try cleaning it again and make sure everything is put back properly? good luck

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 09:19PM by space-time.
Posted by: vision63
Date: August 03, 2020 10:24PM
Ammo
Sorry I can’t help, but I’m curious to know if you are using an Epson driver. My Epson Perfection 4490 driver hasn’t been updated for a while and I’m reluctant to buy a 3rd Party app since I don’t do a lot of scanning anymore.

Go to Epson and update the drivers, restart everything and try Apple's Image Capture App.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 125
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020