advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
in living color?!....this cartoon being rebooted......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: August 05, 2020 10:33AM
....'Ren & Stimpy'.......Comedy Central rebooting....

Ren & Stimpy Reboot Ordered at Comedy Central

.....Comedy Central is bringing back another one of TV’s most beloved animated duos. Just one month after commissioning a Beavis and Butt-Head revival, the network has ordered a reboot of the Nickelodeon classic The Ren & Stimpy Show.

The Ren & Stimpy reboot will be overseen by a new creative team, as the property is reimagined for a new generation. An episode count and premiere date have not yet been revealed.

In addition to Ren & Stimpy and Beavis and Butt-Head, Comedy Central ordered a Jodie-centric Daria spinoff back in June. ViacomCBS has also commissioned a Clone High reboot by way of MTV Studios — though a network is not yet attached.

“I want to thank our partners at Nick Animation as we re-imagine these iconic characters with a new creative team,” Nina L. Diaz, President of Content and CCO for ViacomCBS Entertainment & Youth Group, said in a statement.

Added ViacomCBS Entertainment & Youth Group president Chris McCarthy, “We are excited to reinvent this iconic franchise with a new creative team and our partners at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio. Ren & Stimpy joins our rapidly expanding roster of adult animation including South Park, Beavis and Butt-Head and Clone High as we continue to reimagine our treasure chest of beloved IP for new generations.”

The original Ren & Stimpy Show premiered in 1991 as one of Nickelodeon’s first animated series, alongside Rugrats and Doug. It ran for five seasons before it was cancelled in 1995. The following year, a previously unseen installment aired on MTV.

Seven years later, the spinoff Ren and Stimpy: Adult Party Cartoon premiered on the now-defunct Spike TV and was axed after just three episodes. Additional unaired episodes were eventually released on DVD in 2006.

Ren.....you.....fools.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: in living color?!....this cartoon being rebooted......
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: August 05, 2020 10:35AM
You bloated sack of protoplasm!
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 05, 2020 10:39AM
"my dogs are keeeeling me!"

a line I use all the time.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: August 05, 2020 11:46AM
No involvement from John K.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 05, 2020 01:25PM
You fat... boated... eeeeeeeeedioot!

There are so many cartoon shows in the last 30 years that they can "borrow" storyboards from that only require a quick re-write on an acid trip. It just needs a decent animation studio and voice actors to run several seasons.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 06, 2020 02:49PM
I'm sure this won't be as edgy as it those were, probably much safer and "woke" like most reboots in the past ten years.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 07, 2020 01:39AM
It will be worthless, I'm sure. I still have my DVD collection, unedited, and the lost episodes as well.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Mactel
Date: August 09, 2020 10:58AM
I used to love Ren & Stimpy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 243
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018