Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
1976 Chevy Camaro 'Europo Hurst'
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 16, 2020 11:35PM
Whaddaya think of this one?

Ever heard of a Frua Camaro? Before now, I certainly hadn't. The car was commissioned by Chevrolet to be designed by Pietro Frua and is the only one of its kind, built in 1976. Learning about a car you've never heard of can have the same emotional sensation as discovering new music, regardless of the vintage. Considering the unique design, this second-gen, Italian-bodied ride is amongst the rarest Camaros in the world, and soon you can bid on it. RM Sotheby's will be auctioning this car in late September—with no reserve.
[www.thedrive.com]

More pics in article.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2020 12:06AM by Rolando.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 1976 Chevy Camaro 'Europo Hurst'
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: August 16, 2020 11:41PM
Nope. All sorts of wrong going on with that design. I'll give it unique, but I don't see it as a good design.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: August 17, 2020 12:14AM
It's like a Camaro with an early RX-7 rear hatch and a Mercury Capri front end.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 17, 2020 12:25AM
Lots of Datsun Z in there, too
Posted by: Z
Date: August 17, 2020 01:04AM
I'll say that it's actually a decent looking Camaro for the period... but I've never been a Camaro fan. My first thought was a bit Jag XJS-ish.

Then I clicked thru and saw the rear 3/4 view and woof! They did a good job to put the picture watermark where they did.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2020 01:06AM by Z.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 17, 2020 02:02AM
mrbigstuff
Lots of Datsun Z in there, too

And some Jensen Interceptor "vibe" to it.

But among the rarest? Are there any Camaros where they made LESS than one, like half a Camaro? A moderate number of 1 of 1 though. So, based on that, they are all equal in rarity.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Posted by: Buzz
Date: August 17, 2020 02:40AM
Does nothing to wiggle the "wow" meter.
Hard pass.
==
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 17, 2020 06:50AM
I had a coworker in the early 80's who had a Camaro wagon. It was.. weird.
Then there was the guy who drove a self-built three wheel gizmo which was essentially the cockpit to a jet trainer over two front steering wheels and the back wheel was a 750cc motorcycle back end. That got no shortage of 'what the heck is that !' engineers stampeding into the parking lot to see his toy when he drove to work at the engineering building.
Posted by: rgG
Date: August 17, 2020 07:35AM
Butt ugly.
A bit of the old mid 60’s “hemi under glass” Baracuda going on in the back end.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: timg
Date: August 17, 2020 07:27PM
As the former owner of a 1974 Camaro, I'd just like to say, that is one UGLY car.

1976 camaros were not beauties by any stretch, but this one is horrendous.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 18, 2020 02:00PM
timg
1976 camaros were not beauties by any stretch, but this one is horrendous.

Actually the quad headlights kinda link it to the Gen3 Camaros only 5 years down the line. Should they have gone this way for the 80 models?

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 183
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020