advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
MR Forum Video Conference Series: 4 Pack LED Corn Bulb, 50W, 350W HID Equivalent, 5500 LM, Daylight 5000K, E26 Base $8 off now $31.99
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: August 17, 2020 02:31PM
Exposure and lighting: [forums.macresource.com]
What I use for lighting: [forums.macresource.com]
Maximizing one light source: [forums.macresource.com]
Lighting ideas and lamps: [forums.macresource.com]
Microphones: [forums.macresource.com]
Lighting critique: [forums.macresource.com]
Backgrounds: [forums.macresource.com]
Why wide angle lenses are unflattering: [forums.macresource.com]
Canon cameras advantages as webcams: [forums.macresource.com]
Sound Reduction Panels: [forums.macresource.com]
Adding 2X lens to your iOS device or webcam: [forums.macresource.com]

Bulbs: [www.amazon.com]

I have these bulbs in my floor lamp similar to the one picture below. I had to remove the plastic diffusers for it to fit. It works and bring enough light that my iPad Gen 7 that I use for work gets plenty of light. This is important because the sensor doesn't have to increase sensitivity so the overall image quality remains. As sensitivity increases, digital noise increases which makes the image look more grainy and less sharp. Makes for a more muddy image overall and pixels tend to "dance" round.

Ever notice the image isn't as good in an artificially low lit room but things look fantastic when doing a video conference outside or in the shade? This is due to the outdoor daylight being much brighter than indoors. The iOS device amplifies all this for you automatically so you tend not to think about the light amount. The increase in sensitivity comes at the cost of image quality as you can see from the image below. Sensitivity settings on cameras for outdoor use tend to be IS 100, 124 on up to 400. Anything above that starts to add digital noise to make the exposure correct. You can see loss of fine detail, sharpness, and color fidelity as you go from left to right. Using these bulbs pushes your webcam to the left of the scale.

These bulbs aren't for everyone. Some may be happier with changing 60w equivalent to 100w LED bulbs. Me, I love the garish light of day if I can reflect the light all around. They will definitely make a difference for your video conferencing. They will also likely overpower the blue-ish light coming from your monitor. I talk about that in this thread [forums.macresource.com]

I place my lamp behind the desk so the light bounces all around the room. It doesn't light my face directly. The light bouncing everywhere makes for a more evenly lit appearance.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2020 04:04PM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MR Forum Video Conference Series: 4 Pack LED Corn Bulb, 50W, 350W HID Equivalent, 5500 LM, Daylight 5000K, E26 Base $8 off now $39.99
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: August 17, 2020 03:00PM
You shouldn't be leaning forward so much.
Re: MR Forum Video Conference Series: 4 Pack LED Corn Bulb, 50W, 350W HID Equivalent, 5500 LM, Daylight 5000K, E26 Base $8 off now $39.99
Posted by: August West
Date: August 17, 2020 03:22PM
pRonnie,

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to pick up a porter cable LED 4k 5000 lumen hi-lo switch work lamp from Costco for $26 a couple weeks ago. Put parchment paper over the front of the lights and positioned it to hit a white ceiling corner in front of the desk. Then I noticed that the Ikea work lamp clamped to the overhang of the desk could swivel and rotate to provide a bounced fill off the white wall opposite the work lamp. Looks really nice, throwing even lighting across the room, and the best look I see in the many f'in zoom/webex/skype sessions I'm in daily. Creates a pro impression without calling attention to itself. Thanks for encouraging me to spend money on more toys, causing the rolling eyes from the SO, which have become doing the same thing in her space, and causing me to maintain two hacked home broadcast spots now. You are keeping the spirit of going broke saving money strong in old school fashion, brother, heh.

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 17, 2020 03:24PM
I get an extra $8 coupon showing for those 4 for 40 corn cob bulbs. $8 each is pretty tempting.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: August 17, 2020 04:54PM
Lux Interior
You shouldn't be leaning forward so much.

I have to counterweight my levitating chair.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2020 04:54PM by pRICE cUBE.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: August 17, 2020 05:07PM
Or could it be powerful flatulence? If so, a Herman Miller mesh chair will relieve the pressure. But then your chair won't levitate.

The police have no duty to respond. See Castle Rock v. Gonzales, 545 U.S. 748 (2005) or Warren v. District of Columbia[1] (444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
Date: August 17, 2020 05:31PM
August West
pRonnie,

I just wanted to let you know that I was able to pick up a porter cable LED 4k 5000 lumen hi-lo switch work lamp from Costco for $26 a couple weeks ago. Put parchment paper over the front of the lights and positioned it to hit a white ceiling corner in front of the desk. Then I noticed that the Ikea work lamp clamped to the overhang of the desk could swivel and rotate to provide a bounced fill off the white wall opposite the work lamp. Looks really nice, throwing even lighting across the room, and the best look I see in the many f'in zoom/webex/skype sessions I'm in daily. Creates a pro impression without calling attention to itself. Thanks for encouraging me to spend money on more toys, causing the rolling eyes from the SO, which have become doing the same thing in her space, and causing me to maintain two hacked home broadcast spots now. You are keeping the spirit of going broke saving money strong in old school fashion, brother, heh.

That story made my day. Glad to be of service and helping you go broke saving money

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 198
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020