advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
3rd party medical info forms
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: August 17, 2020 08:32PM
So, my dentist wants me to fill out all of these forms, some of which are the Covid stuff, and to which I don't really have any objection, as they are standard as to what I have seen in the past. what is new, is that they are online forms and the company is some 3rd party (that I assume handles medical records) records repository.

I'm used to filling out forms in the office, on paper, and perhaps the secretary transcribes them into a database, but I was under the impression that they had to tell you if they were stored by a 3rd party. I dunno. Is this now how records are handled? And was I naive to assume that my info was stored only on the office machines?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 3rd party medical info forms
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: August 17, 2020 09:26PM
Alas, you are naive.

While there are strong regulations about data and privacy protection around medical records, it is safe to assume that everything has been exposed at one point or another through error , simple stupidity, or malicious intent. Of the three, Hanlon's Razor says that stupidity is the primary root cause.

Once all our information went onto computer networks, and now that computer information is now on 'the cloud' (hint.. it's just someone else's computer in the cheapest place possible..) ... well it's out there and accessible.

Yes, anyone with enough $BTC can see my brain MRI and see how goofy my CSF circulation system is. Or see images of the inside of my tush and lower GI system. Or read the notes from my shrink.

Heck, the Chinese government has my entire personal history from birth to 1989 from the DOD when they did an extended background investigation for my TS clearance.

I keep hoping some hacker will clear my debts and give me a great credit rating, but my credit cards keep going on vacation without me. Infamously buying b00bs and a vacation villa in Panama a few years ago. Try explaining THAT to your wife !
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 177
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020