advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
real life experience with Canon iP4200
Posted by: jardster
Date: December 13, 2005 10:04AM
Hey all, it's good to see some names I recognize in a friendly, happy place. It's been a difficult few weeks to say the least, but now, it's time to spend some money!

So, I'm looking at an ink jet for printing photos, and it looks like the canon's really come out on top.
Anyone have experience with the iP4200. It seems like a great deal at under $100 bucks and it is #2 rated at consumer reports (I know, not always a great resource). Anyway, anyone actually use this thing and like/hate it?

Thanks for helping me spend my $

Jard
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: real life experience with Canon iP4200
Posted by: kahuna1342
Date: December 13, 2005 10:35AM
Sorry, I don't have the 4200. But, I do have the iP3000 and I think it is great. Replaced my Epson c84 and will never go back to Epson again.
Posted by: PatRock
Date: December 13, 2005 10:37AM
Don't know how similar they are but we're insanely happy with our Pixma 4000. Great paper handling, lovely photos, "smart" communication w/ both Mac & PC, extremely quiet.

Cozy in here
Posted by: jardster
Date: December 13, 2005 10:53AM
thanks. i pulled the trigger after finding a $50 rebate off the printer when ordered with the Canon Powershot I had already ordered (I had to cancel my dell order and order both through Amazon). I don't remember seeing the deal on the front page (um, can we say that still?), but it is a good deal for those wanting a canon printer and camera.

Posted by: Jack D.
Date: December 13, 2005 11:15AM
I have the 4000 and it's the best printer I have had yet.

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: Silencio
Date: December 13, 2005 11:20AM
I bought a iP4200 for a client recently, replacing yet another broken Epson. Does just fine for text and line art, actually haven't tried any photos on it yet AFAIK.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018