advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
holy, mother may I?!....SHOCKER: this lead of long standing comedy on major network exiting show......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 04, 2020 12:30PM
......Anna Faris exiting 'Mom' on CBS.....both she and Allison Janney are in the middle of a two year contract negotiated in 2019 [ so she is leaving mid contract ]....

.....this is a shocker....the dream of most actors is to land a gig on a sitcom, due to low hours of work [ very cushy job ].....

.......her exit was negotiated early in the hiatus so the writers are aware and already writing the new season with her exit in mind.......

Mom Shocker: Anna Faris Exiting Popular Sitcom Ahead of Season 8

....CBS’ Mom will be down a leading lady when it returns for Season 8: Anna Faris is leaving the sitcom after seven years as Christy

Though Faris is exiting the series to pursue other opportunities, a rep for Warner Bros. Television confirms that Christy will not be recast. Rather, the character’s absence will be addressed in a Season 8 storyline.

“The past seven years on Mom have been some of the most fulfilling and rewarding of my career,” Faris said in a statement. “I’m so thankful to Chuck [Lorre], the writers, and my amazing castmates for creating a truly wonderful work experience. While my journey as Christy has come to an end, allowing me to pursue new opportunities, I’ll be watching next season and rooting for my TV family.”

WBTV, CBS and Chuck Lorre Productions offered their own joint statement on Faris’ departure: “From the inception of Mom, Anna was the first and only choice for the role of Christy. We are so proud of the stories we have been able to tell during Anna’s seven years with us. We wish Anna all the best, and we thank her for her beautiful portrayal.”

Since its debut in 2013, Mom has centered on Faris’ character, a newly sober single mom trying to raise her kids and navigate a relationship with her own mother (Allison Janney), also a recovering addict. The cast also includes Mimi Kennedy, Jaime Pressly, Beth Hall, William Fichtner and Kristen Johnston.

Mom is slated to begin Season 8 production on Monday, Sept. 14, with an eye on a November return date. The show is currently CBS’ No. 3-rated sitcom, behind Young Sheldon and The Neighborhood.

what......the.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2020 01:02PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: holy, mother may I?!....SHOCKER: this lead of long standing comedy on major network exiting show......
Posted by: Rolando
Date: September 04, 2020 12:54PM
I wonder about Ms Faris. She seems to have divorced Chris Pratt as soon as he got Mega-famous, and now this.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Re: holy, mother may I?!....SHOCKER: this lead of long standing comedy on major network exiting show......
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: September 04, 2020 01:32PM
".....this is a shocker....the dream of most actors is to land a gig on a sitcom, due to low hours of work [ very cushy job ]....."

I have never once heard an actor say in any interview that sitcom work involved low hours of work. I've read of a few actors who said they would *not* return to TV work because the hours were grueling compared to film work.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 04, 2020 02:12PM
Who cares?

It is what it is.
Date: September 04, 2020 03:18PM
.....hour long dramas require 12-16 hour days [ there is a reason why people do them for 2-6 years, then quit ]....sitcoms requires only run through in afternoons, then tape in front of live audience......the goal of most actors is to land a sitcom, you get paid for less hours, less work and depending on how long it last major residuals......

Date: September 04, 2020 03:26PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Who cares?

....just because you don't care doesn't mean that someone else doesn't.....not every thread or news items has to be of interest only to you......only narcissists require that.....

Posted by: kurtzie
Date: September 04, 2020 04:59PM
NewtonMP2100
.....hour long dramas require 12-16 hour days [ there is a reason why people do them for 2-6 years, then quit ]....sitcoms requires only run through in afternoons, then tape in front of live audience......the goal of most actors is to land a sitcom, you get paid for less hours, less work and depending on how long it last major residuals......

Ed O'Niel originally was looking for 1 hour long show and didn't want to do Modern Family after having done Married with Children. Takes all kinds. Seems like half hour Sit com that goes into syndication…
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 04, 2020 07:00PM
I have never once heard an actor say in any interview that sitcom work involved low hours of work. I've read of a few actors who said they would *not* return to TV work because the hours were grueling compared to film work.

Exactly.

Never once.

This is the reason (at least superficially) that the Batwoman actress gave for leaving the series.

I doubt few actors who have a regular, major role in a series have a 'cushy' job, many of them having to do up to 16 hour days, several times a week, if not daily.

That may be why Brits' series are generally eight episodes long, and not 20-22 as with most full American series.

It also helps the studios' bottom line as well.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: September 04, 2020 07:07PM
Who cares?

There's that.

Yes, it's apparently a popular show, lots of seasons, and Janney one an Emmy, there may be more...

But I never liked the show at all, and felt she was wasted in the role.

So I don't care.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: September 04, 2020 07:36PM
NewtonMP2100
N-OS X-tasy!
Who cares?

....just because you don't care doesn't mean that someone else doesn't.....not every thread or news items has to be of interest only to you......only narcissists require that.....

My opinion is as valid as yours.

I have never claimed every post on the forum must be of interest to me in some way -- that is a straw man argument not even worthy of response. However, I do find these multiple TV-related posts boring and banal and every once in a while I feel the need to say so.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: September 04, 2020 08:19PM
Rolando
I wonder about Ms Faris. She seems to have divorced Chris Pratt as soon as he got Mega-famous, and now this.

You've never heard of the "worst Chris" (Pratt), "best Chris" (currently Pine, but Evans and Hemsworth aren't too far behind)?

When they separated, it seemed like one of the most charming couples in Hollywood were breaking up, but in retrospect, since he's outed himself as a big jerk, it seems to have been good for her.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 192
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020