advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
another rant that won't matter (small type)
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 14, 2020 05:56PM
I received my No-Touch Thermometer today. I saw the previous discussion regarding beeping and vibrating (or not). But I haven't even gotten to the point of trying it out yet. First, I have to find my flashlight and magnifying glass to read the damn instruction sheet. Paper isn't so expensive that they couldn't afford to use another page or two if it meant they could increase the type size to something more reasonable.

After my cataract surgery years ago, the doc did a sort of monovision thing with the lenses and since then I haven't needed reading glasses in the grocery store, or many other places i used to. But lately i'm noticing more and more packaging going down to crazy tiny type sizes. Sure, do that for the disclaimers, but for usage instructions I need to be able to read it, please.

[/rant]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: another rant that won't matter (small type)
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 14, 2020 05:59PM
old fogey smiley ;)

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: September 14, 2020 06:25PM
I have to use reading glasses for almost everything these days.

Posted by: rgG
Date: September 14, 2020 06:39PM
Right there with you.
Apple is the worse. Tiny ultra thin typeface in gray on white. Really??? turbo naughty smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ammo
Date: September 14, 2020 09:36PM
I got mine today also. I managed to read enough of the instructions to get it to work, but was unable to hear the beep go off even though my wife could: Eyes 1, Ears 0.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass

Until you make your unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate. - Carl Jung
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 16, 2020 06:28PM
Ammo
I got mine today also. I managed to read enough of the instructions to get it to work, but was unable to hear the beep go off even though my wife could: Eyes 1, Ears 0.

Yeah, I just went through the manual with flashlight in hand a few minutes ago. I can't hear the beep, either. And I have hearing aids in. Nor do I feel a buzzer or vibration. On the upside, it does display the temperature, so I'm good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018