Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
RYF: 22' Werner Reach Aluminum 5-in-1 Multi-Position Pro Ladder $100
Posted by: datbeme
Date: September 15, 2020 01:45AM
[slickdeals.net]

Great deal on a Little Giant-type multi-positional ladder. I paid ~$160 for pretty much the same model in 2011—although this apparently has even more weight capacity (375 lbs vs mine which claims 300). Mine is model MT-22 which is currently $192.XX on Amazon.

This is the only item I ever ordered from Amazon that never showed up after being reported as delivered. They were good about it and reshipped it immediately, but I felt kind of strange calling to say that a big 50 pound item went missing.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: RYF: 22' Werner Reach Aluminum 5-in-1 Multi-Position Pro Ladder $100
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 15, 2020 08:46AM
I have this ladder as well and thought about posting this - I think there was a recent discussion about purchasing a ladder.

The only think I'd point out is that when a ladder has a given 'reach', its not the length of the ladder. Its the length plus a bit more for your arms.

Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 15, 2020 09:29AM
Yep, I was looking for one but of the telescoping type ... this is a good deal for sure, but the shipping kind of kills it for me.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Acer
Date: September 15, 2020 09:55AM
I've considered these, but the one I handled was awkwardly heavy and bulky. I have a 6ft ladder and a double-10 extension. I could use something in between, like an 8 ft step. Should I still consider this 5-in-1?
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: September 15, 2020 10:11AM
I first bought something similar to this b/c at the time I lived in a townhouse with vaulted ceilings upstairs. This meant I needed at least an 8 ' ladder to reach the smoke detectors on the top floor as well as gain access to the attic. Being in a three story townhouse, we kept the ladder in the outside basement closet as it didn't get a lot of use. But imagine dragging an 8 foot ladder through a house with 8' ceilings up two flights of stairs. No fun at all.

So we got one of the multi fuction versions and while quite a bit heavier it was much easier to maneuver around the house. Now that we have a house house, I still use it in addition to an 8' step ladder.

Posted by: jdc
Date: September 15, 2020 10:43AM
I have a simlar little giant in addition to a fiberglass 8 or 10 foot -- and I have found it just too heavy to move around the house. My fiberglass sees all the work.

Had inspector at the house with one of these telescopng ladders -- it looked extremely easy to use vs the little giant... if i need a new ladder at some point... this will be the style I get. I havent done any research on brands.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: September 15, 2020 10:57AM
jdc
I have a simlar little giant in addition to a fiberglass 8 or 10 foot -- and I have found it just too heavy to move around the house. My fiberglass sees all the work.

Had inspector at the house with one of these telescopng ladders -- it looked extremely easy to use vs the little giant... if i need a new ladder at some point... this will be the style I get. I havent done any research on brands.

That is precisely the type I was looking to get, in an 18+ feet version ... the previous owners of my house had one and used it for everything. What I have now is essentially the same as the deal that datmeme posted, except as an 18 foot rather than 22. I find it VERY awkward to use and move around, though it is admittedly very sturdy. I want to say that I got it on sale from Lowes some years ago for maybe $160. I also have another Werner of the same exact type except as a 12 foot rather than 18, which is much more manageable but of course doesn't get the height I need.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2020 10:58AM by PeterB.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: September 15, 2020 12:14PM
The telescoping ladders are great, until you don't have a wall to lean it against.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 16, 2020 12:53PM
.....lean......on me.....when you're not strong......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 16, 2020 06:26PM
I bought one of those Werner versions of the Little Giant, after having had an actual Little Giant for years. Very sturdy and pretty versatile, but a bit of a pita to use at near full extension. They're heavy, too, which was one of the reasons we sold the Little Giant.

If I had to use one more often, I think I'd look for something more lightweight. We had a tree guy come to the house a few years ago to trim some high branches. He was using mostly the pulley and harness method, but at one point he grabbed this huge ladder and was pretty much tossing it around. I checked it out. It was aluminum, but it wasn't flimsy, and boy was it light! I might consider something like that next time i need an extension ladder.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 118
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018