advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
AirPods Pro firmware not happening
Posted by: Kate
Date: September 15, 2020 09:51AM
So they say to connect to your phone, then plug-in the pods and set the closed case next to the phone and wait. But when I close the case the pods disconnect. I’m on the 14 beta.
Frustrating.

Kate
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: AirPods Pro firmware not happening
Posted by: MEG
Date: September 15, 2020 10:39AM
Yeah, there's a bit of voodoo involved as to when it updates automagically. Got it (3A283) on mine as of this morning. Here's a post I saw on how to jump start the process...ymmv. smiling smiley

Here is a workaround how to force update your airpods this works with gen 1 also
  1. make sure your airpods case is open with your airpods inside then Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
  2. Select General
  3. Tap About
  4. Scroll down and select your AirPods Pro

This panel will display different bits of information including the serial number, and firmware version. If you are not running the latest 2B588 , updating the firmware is easy-ish. Since you cannot force your iPhone to update the firmware for the AirPods, here’s a workaround.
  1. Ensure that your AirPods are paired and connected to your iPhone
  2. Listen to music for up to one minute
  3. Place the AirPods Pro back into the charging case and charge them for at least 5 minutes or so and make sure your iphone has internet data and also near your airpod case just to be sure.

Once you have finished charging them, you can head back into the About panel and see if the firmware automatically updated. This should be the case, and you should no longer have any more concerns.
Posted by: Kate
Date: September 15, 2020 10:44AM
Thanks. I read that turning off ear detection might be an issue. I turned it off and they updated immediately

Kate
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: September 15, 2020 02:21PM
still freaking waiting
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018