advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
less is more?!....Apple will no longer include USB power adapter with Apple Watch.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 15, 2020 12:33PM
......they said to be more environmentally friendly......

Apple no longer including USB power adaptor with Apple Watch, ahead of iPhone 12 debut

....Apple today announced that it is removing the USB power adaptor from Apple Watch boxes going forward, citing environmental concerns. Next month, the company will announce the iPhone 12 … and is rumored to no longer be bundled with a power adapter nor wired EarPods.

The company’s announcement today for the Apple Watch will help customers get used to the idea of having no bundled accessories in the box, and soften the blow when the same thing happens to the iPhone in October.

Apple framed the announcement as helping reduce environmental waste. However, it will likely draw criticism for price-gouging consumers as the Apple Store sells its accessories for a pricey margin.

more.......or less........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: less is more?!....Apple will no longer include USB power adapter with Apple Watch.....
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: September 15, 2020 12:40PM
I have a dozen rattling around the house. That seems like waste.
Re: less is more?!....Apple will no longer include USB power adapter with Apple Watch.....
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: September 15, 2020 12:44PM
So will they honor the warranty when I fry mine with a cheap 3rd party charger ? Hmm ?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 15, 2020 12:48PM
Wait wut - they are shipping AppleWatches with no way to charge them?

I call shenanigans.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: September 15, 2020 12:51PM
....it isn't clear but I think they will include the USB charger cable but not the power adapter part [ which most people get on charger for iPhone ]....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: September 15, 2020 12:52PM
OK, so it's the wall wart they're excluding, not the proprietary cable. Gotcha.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: jdc
Date: September 15, 2020 01:25PM
rjmacs
OK, so it's the wall wart they're excluding, not the proprietary cable. Gotcha.

yeah, the crappy little 5V one.

IF they would have shipped them with more powerful 12V ones, peeps might use them.

As is, great 2 port 24W ones are under $10...

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2020 01:26PM by jdc.
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 15, 2020 03:42PM
No crappy 5W USB-A wall warts?

Good.
Posted by: space-time
Date: September 15, 2020 05:20PM
sekker

Good.

What makes it crappy?
Posted by: sekker
Date: September 15, 2020 05:45PM
space-time
sekker

Good.

What makes it crappy?

The iPad for years and most iPhones have had a fast charge function; the 5W chargers are really trickle chargers by comparison.

I need to check the Apple Watch, but literally EVERY OTHER Apple product I own can charge far faster than a 5W wall wart. If Apple doesn't want to ship a product with a full charger, fine. With USB-C, I can get more innovation from 3rd party (such as GA-N) and for less $$.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018