advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Using iPad in Google Meet help
Posted by: pbarra1
Date: September 15, 2020 08:55PM
At the end of last school year we were asynchronous. Working from home I had my iPad Pro hooked to my iMac. Ran Google Meet (GM) on iMac, opened Word document with class practice problems on iPad and annotated on the Word file while recording using QuickTime. Students saw the document I was writing on and heard my voice narrating what was happening on GM. I was also able to post the recording on my Google Classroom (GC) and students could watch whenever they wanted.

Now we have to go to campus to deliver direct synchronous instruction to students using GM. I can't get it to work. At work I have an aging Windows 7 desktop that runs my SmartBoard and a newer Windows 10 laptop. I also had a document camera last year but it has gone missing. I want to get it to work just like at home. I DO NOT want to run the GM directly on my iPad for a variety of reasons. I need to run the GM on my laptop and need to annotate files on my iPad. Teaching chemistry I need to use text, numbers, equations, diagrams, pictures, etc and I am not for example writing a balanced chemical equation with a keyboard and mouse. The most frustrating thing is that I know everything just works and works great from home but that is not an option for political reasons not pedagogical reasons.

I have tried installing QuickTime on my laptop and I get an error message. Does anybody know how to make it work at work like at home? TIA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2020 08:29AM by pbarra1.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Using iPad in Google Meet help
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: September 15, 2020 09:04PM
I would hook the windows laptop to the SmartBoard, and order an MBA to use as your laptop. Your brain cells are worth the money.

Coming to a Mac forum to get help with Windows is kind of like signing on to a ski racing forum to get help with your McTwists on a snowboard.

This year, I am quite glad to not still be teaching middle school...

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 168
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018