Anybody using iCloud mail?
Posted by: JEB
Date: September 16, 2020 12:02AM
Pros, Cons?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anybody using iCloud mail?
Posted by: testcase
Date: September 16, 2020 07:10AM
Entirely on its’ own, Apple ASSIGNED me TWO iCloud email addresses. When I tried to delete them, I’m NOT allowed to. I think it was OS X 10.5 that I gave up on Apple Mail (I switched to Gmail). WHY Apple did this, I have NO idea. If anyone here knows exactly HOW I can delete these iCloud email addresses, I’d LOVE to hear from you.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: September 16, 2020 08:10AM
Just pick one and forward it to the other(using Safari), or forward both to your gmail account and forget about them. Attrition will take care of them. You can set up gmail(or whatever) in Mail.app to send and receive and any mail from those two accounts will appear.

One big advantage is that you won't ever see any junk mail those 2 accounts get. It will be filter into gmail Spam folder. You should peek at that couple of times a month.

Gonna ask my Mother if that offer to slap
me into next year is still on the table.
Posted by: rz
Date: September 16, 2020 08:35AM
Not on your life. Every few days I get a popup saying there's something wrong with my iCloud email account (which I don't now, nor have I ever used or setup). I just click "ignore".
Posted by: d4
Date: September 16, 2020 10:16AM
This Topic reminded me to log into my iCloud browser account and snoop around to make sure everything is in order. I've logged into iCloud browser maybe twice, ever. I completely forgot about the two @me.com email addresses associated with my iCloud account. And one of them is a nice short 3-character email to boot, similar to N33@me.com. Time to let it go back into hibernation for another 9 years. Hah!

Posted by: jdc
Date: September 16, 2020 11:41AM
What exactly does "iCloud mail" mean to you?

Do you mean a "jeb @ icloud.com" email? As opposed to a "jeb @ gmail.com" email?

My wife has used her "janedoe @ mac.com" email since the beggining of mobileme -- like 2000? Never an issue. Well 2FA took a minute to get straight, but thats about it. iMac, iPad, iPhone and web all run and sync well.

rz
Not on your life. Every few days I get a popup saying there's something wrong with my iCloud email account (which I don't now, nor have I ever used or setup). I just click "ignore".

clearly, you must have?

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: Diana
Date: September 16, 2020 12:07PM
It took me a bit to set up (didn’t know what I was doing the first time through it) but it’s working fine for me. I went from a cable co to fiber internet and the cable co killed my email addy I’d had for some 20 years. Set up the spousal unit’s as well, and if there were any problems I’m sure I would have heard about it by now. Been on it for about a year or so.
Posted by: JEB
Date: September 16, 2020 08:26PM
That's exactly the situation I have. Went from cable to fiber now I'm only able to receive but not send mail from the old address until the cable company drops that too.
Posted by: Diana
Date: September 16, 2020 10:56PM
JEB
That's exactly the situation I have. Went from cable to fiber now I'm only able to receive but not send mail from the old address until the cable company drops that too.

The cable company decided to get out of email hosting; it was becoming steadily worse and worse for service, with me having to reset passwords, delete the mailbox and start over, etc. I thought it was just me or my account until the spouse had the same issues. Additionally cable internet would go down, sometimes several times during the evening, almost predictably at the same time every evening, or would slow to a crawl. The solution? Well, spend more to get the higher tier of service! I set up the iCloud email, checked that things worked and were stable, and then advocated to dump cable and go with fiber.

Everything has been stable, and no problems or hiccups. That may change as more people jump on fiber, but so far I’m a happy camper.

The iCloud account has been rock stable.

As an aside: Just remember that your iCloud username may be the old email address, not the new one you will generate at Apple. I guess I need to see if it is possible to change the username to my current iCloud account; if it’s possible then it may be something to do for the spouse, as his iCloud account username confuses him, as it asks for ones email address which happens to be the old defunct cable company email address, since that was what he had at the time he set it up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 201
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018