advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sanitizing Wipes at Costco Business Center
Posted by: graylocks
Date: October 03, 2020 05:36PM
I was in the neighborhood of the Costco Business Center so I popped in to return something I bought online and to gawk at the industrial cookware.

They had sanitizing wipes in stock. $12.99 for a 4 pack. (200 wipes) 75% ethanol alcohol. Brand is Art Naturals. limit is one per membership per day.

don't know if that's a deal or not but i picked some up anyway.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sanitizing Wipes at Costco Business Center
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 03, 2020 05:57PM
.....noticed yesterday that it was at the website also......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: October 03, 2020 07:09PM
Not seeing a shortage of these except for the 'name brand'. Guess they're being
sold in bulk to hospitals, schools, etc. ?

ALDI's & DollarGeneral are $3 for a tub of 75.
Food Lion has pouch packs of 50 for $2.50.
DollarTree has tub of 30 for $1 but they are very thin (I keep one in car).

btw, here in the Mid-Atlantic it seems everybody is over-stocked with hand sanitizers!
Prices have plummeted smiley-shocked003

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Date: October 03, 2020 07:53PM
....didn't see any Sanity Clauses......is there such a thing as a......Sanity Clause.....???

Posted by: Michael
Date: October 03, 2020 08:04PM
graylocks
I was in the neighborhood of the Costco Business Center so I popped in to return something I bought online and to gawk at the industrial cookware.

They had sanitizing wipes in stock. $12.99 for a 4 pack. (200 wipes) 75% ethanol alcohol. Brand is Art Naturals. limit is one per membership per day.

don't know if that's a deal or not but i picked some up anyway.

Every time we're going to fly out of ATL in the afternoon we come into town early and go by the Costco Business Center. We love the place!
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: October 03, 2020 08:27PM
NewtonMP2100
....didn't see any Sanity Clauses......is there such a thing as a......Sanity Clause.....???

Fiorello said no! jest smiley

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Date: October 03, 2020 08:28PM
MrNoBody
Not seeing a shortage of these except for the 'name brand'. Guess they're being
sold in bulk to hospitals, schools, etc. ?

ALDI's & DollarGeneral are $3 for a tub of 75.
Food Lion has pouch packs of 50 for $2.50.
DollarTree has tub of 30 for $1 but they are very thin (I keep one in car).

i've not seen santizing wipes at any Aldis or Walmarts here on the south side of atlanta. plenty of baby type wipes and sufficient quantities of sanitizer and liquid hand soap, though.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 03, 2020 09:20PM
I only use them at the supermarket, and the store has them for customers. I'm not finding too much use for wipes outside of that.
Date: October 03, 2020 09:23PM
mrbigstuff
I only use them at the supermarket, and the store has them for customers. I'm not finding too much use for wipes outside of that.

TBH, this is the first time in my life i've purchased sanitizing wipes. i did want some for an 1800 mile road trip i took a few weeks ago but none were to be found. i don't really have a use for them at home but with winter coming and faint whispers of a second covid wave i figured it wouldn't hurt to pick some up, put one pack in my glove compartment and put the rest on a shelf somewhere.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: October 03, 2020 09:34PM
True, I also use them for those nasty rest stop bathrooms. Almost forgot that one!
Date: October 03, 2020 09:40PM
.....just don't use them as butt wipes.......it would be like injecting bleach.......you can use diaper wipes as to wipe other things though....

Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 03, 2020 09:57PM
I've had no problem finding the 4 packs of 200ct Clorox Wipes at Sams Club regularly.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: d4
Date: October 03, 2020 10:12PM
Art Naturals? If you're ok with generics, even HomeDepot by me (NY) has generic wipes. Hold out for the name brand stuff.

Date: October 03, 2020 10:15PM
d4
Art Naturals? If you're ok with generics, even HomeDepot by me (NY) has generic wipes. Hold out for the name brand stuff.

alcohol is alcohol in my book. i also tend to have a fair amount of faith in Costco quality control. i was HD the other day. lots of soap and bottles of sanitizer. no wipes.

Date: October 03, 2020 10:23PM
....brand wh00re.....???

....how do you know it is 'generic'.........some people are snobbish when it doesn't really matter......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2020 10:23PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: d4
Date: October 03, 2020 10:42PM
graylocks
d4

alcohol is alcohol in my book. i also tend to have a fair amount of faith in Costco quality control. i was HD the other day. lots of soap and bottles of sanitizer. no wipes.

I don't doubt that you checked HomeDepot the other day and you didn't see any wipes. Stock is sometimes hit or miss. But nowadays, you do have to dig a bit deeper to find "in demand" products. You mention that you live in ATL. I don't know ATL all that well, I've only been there twice in my life. I typed in ATL in the HD store locator and a few stores popped up with antibacterial disinfecting wipes of a more recognizable brand than "Art Naturals" as being in-stock. An HD in Cascade has HDX (HomeDepot house brand) wipes in stock. An HD in Buckhead has Clorox single and 3-pack wipes in stock. I'm only using these locations as examples.

Date: October 04, 2020 01:04AM
yes, that’s the point - what’s in stock is hit or miss not readily available as i think you tend to claim where you live and extrapolate that that is the case everywhere. i have two HDs and a Lowes i frequent in addition to three aldis and four walmart’s. if i don’t come across something in that orbit it better be pretty damn important for me to drive all over metro atl. wipes don’t qualify. i came across a brand that Costco found suitable. works for me. YMMV.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 04, 2020 08:02AM
what’s in stock is hit or miss not readily available as i think you tend to claim where you live and extrapolate that that is the case everywhere.

A lot of people forget 'where you are isn't here'.

I was in the local Safeway yesterday, and all the shelves, three or four, in the cleaning supplies aisle, were bare.

Laundry soap, hand soap, bar soap were all present and accounted for, but no Clorox type wipes of any kind.

I don't have any idea what specifically lived on all that shelving except the wipes, but there must have been other stuff.

A provisions trip is in order. The Costco and its business center are in opposite directions, so I'll try one one day and the other, some other.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Robert M
Date: October 04, 2020 10:37AM
Hi everyone,

Something to remember. These are wipes with alcohol, which isn't the same active ingredient that is in Lysol, Clorox and similar wipes. That and Art Naturals doesn't say how much time is required for the wipes to effectively kill viruses and bacteria. That's an issue because all of these require time for them to do their job. You need to be aware of what that time is else you don't use the wipe properly, reducing its effectiveness.

Think of it this way. A quick wipe and with one of these (or other wipes) is going to do squat. In the case of something like a Clorox or Lysol wipe or a paper towel with Steramine mixture, you need to wet the surface and the surface must stay wet for a minimum amount of time for sanitizer or disinfectant to do its job. You're not talking seconds. You're talking a minute, 4 minutes, 7 minutes, etc. The amount of time depends on the product.

Robert
Posted by: Sam3
Date: October 06, 2020 07:26AM
Good points, Robert. Many people seem to not know that or disregard that, I see that constantly at work.

The only wipes that I've seen here in Michigan are the ones with only benzalkonium chloride, which is not a reliable SARS-Cov-2 killer. Clorox and Lysol have that ingredient, but in addition, have alcohol as a listed ingredient.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020