advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Unable to switch to Boom Mobile - can't port from AT&T MNVO to another AT&T MNVO
Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 09, 2020 02:40PM
I just attempted to port my phone to Boom Mobile and they've told me that they can't do it since I'm already with an AT&T MNVO. This isn't entirely true...I could move to their TMobile or Verizon networks but I'm not interested. I asked if I could port my number to Google Voice first but they say that six months need to elapse before they'd be able to port it in.

Has anyone hear this before? Seems strange to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 02:40PM by mattkime.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Unable to switch to Boom Mobile - can't port from AT&T MNVO to another AT&T MNVO
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: October 09, 2020 02:47PM
Sounds like bureaucratic retention BS, but it's not worth beating your head against that particular wall. Just pick a different MVNO and move on.
Re: Unable to switch to Boom Mobile - can't port from AT&T MNVO to another AT&T MNVO
Posted by: rgG
Date: October 09, 2020 03:05PM
I have not heard of that, but it might be good to check over at Howard Forums and see if anyone there has heard about this.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 09, 2020 03:13PM
I was aware of it when I was on Boom by reading HowardForums. As I recall, people were able to port to another MVNO and then to Boom without a wait. But, that was a couple of years ago. Maybe the 6 month wait is a new thing...

Edit--6 month

Edit #2--here's a Reddit thread concerning the same issue with Verizon numbers. The suggestion is to port to a non-Verizon MNVO for a couple of hours and then back to Boom. [www.reddit.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 03:20PM by Michael.
Posted by: d4
Date: October 09, 2020 03:19PM
ATT MVNOs are a dime a dozen. Cricket, H2O, Net10, TracFone, etc all available @Target.com use RedCard for an additional 5% off everytime you refill.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: October 09, 2020 10:40PM
I guess I'll try Red Pocket Mobile. They have a $20/month for 7GB (unlimited voice and text) offer. Comes out about a buck more expensive per month.

Makes me wonder where wireless carrier prices will go from here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020