advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
recommendation for screen protectors, please?
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: October 15, 2020 09:40AM
i'm looking for reasonably priced screen protectors for my iphone and ipad. i'll appreciate y'all's suggestions.

tia.

STAY WELL!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: recommendation for screen protectors, please?
Posted by: jardster
Date: October 15, 2020 10:20AM
I haven't used a screen protector for several generations of iPhones. I have a basic apple leather case on it and that's it. I throw it in my pocket, drop it on the ground occasionally, generally beat the hell out of it, and not a scratch on the screen.

Just my 2cents

Posted by: sekker
Date: October 15, 2020 11:58AM
I evolved from - put-screen protectors-on-everything to no longer use them. Why?

The oleophobic coating is critical for keeping finger prints from these screens. I see no screen protectors with the same kind of coating. Had an iPhone with the screen protector, had it crack, then removed it - I was amazed at home much nicer the iPhone was with the coating.

To protect my iPhone, I always use a case that has a lip to keep the screen from getting a direct impact when dropped.
Posted by: Acer
Date: October 15, 2020 01:11PM
I have used stick-on glass screen protectors on all my recent phones. Whatever seems to have a decent price and a decent review profile, I think they all come from the same factory anyway. I don't notice any fingerprint issues nor any loss in screen sensitivity. They have saved the phones from a few noticeable scratches over the years.
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: October 15, 2020 01:11PM
Look on Amazon for a 9H Tempered glass protector.
For a little more $$ you might find some that are Oleophobice, like mentioned above.
You can usually get a 2 pack for slightly more than a single.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: October 15, 2020 01:47PM
Ken Sp.
Look on Amazon for a 9H Tempered glass protector.
For a little more $$ you might find some that are Oleophobic, like mentioned above.
You can usually get a 2 pack for slightly more than a single.

agree smiley

Or a 3 pack, + Acer's good review profile, *and* rounded/radiused edges.
==
Posted by: Schpark
Date: October 15, 2020 02:35PM
I am a fan of the Power Theory glass protectors that come in a 2 pack for $12.95. The surface feels very smooth and slippery with it on. I have had all three of my kids have damage only to the protector and not the screen so am happy with the protection. We also have my oldest daughter do all the replacements as she has the procedure down and gets good results.

"Without death, life would lose much of its meaning. My goal is to live in such a manner that I alter world in some fundamental way before I'm gone. As I get older and watch my son grow I realize I've already achieved my goal." - Ztirffritz
Posted by: d4
Date: October 15, 2020 02:58PM
I was going commando for years and years.
No case. No screen protector. No kids. Hah.

6 months ago my kid asked to borrow my iPhone to take a pic and OOOOooops!!!! It falls to the ground in slow motion slipping from fingers to cement. Chipped and fractured the front glass really good. Out of warranty. Applecare expired. $100 fix at a local b/m shop. No water resistance guarantee. And the responsiveness was just a fraction of a second off. It irked me.

Until the kids are grown, it's screen protectors 24/7 from now on.

Get one with a template. It makes things so much easier. No idea what model you have, but this is the one I got from Amazon:

[www.amazon.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 206
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020