advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Walmart's plan for "Black Friday" is a 3 day event , 3 separate weeks
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: October 15, 2020 06:05PM
I am not endorsing or recommending shopping at this vendor. I wanted to post this to show how one of the world's biggest retailer has altered Black Friday procedures I figure the forum would be interested in talking about it.

[slickdeals.net]

To reduce overcrowding in-stores, Walmart will spread out its Black Friday sales this year into three, separate November events.

The company’s “Black Friday Deals for Days” begins online at 7 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 4, with new deals introduced at 12 a.m. EST on Saturday, November 7. To encourage online shopping, the Black Friday deals won’t be available in stores until 5 a.m. on Saturday, November 7.

Walmart will be back on Wednesday, November 11 with new online deals, but the sale won’t begin in stores again until Saturday, November 14, at 5 a.m.

The final Black Friday sale begins online Wednesday, November 25, with deals available in stores at 5 a.m. on Friday, November 27, the traditional “Black Friday.”

Spreading out sales over multiple days will likely help reduce customer traffic in stores, but Walmart is taking extra precautions to ensure customer safety. At 5 a.m. on sale days, customers will line up in a single, straight line as they wait to enter the store. Disinfected shopping carts will be provided, and Health Ambassadors will be posted to ensure every customer wears a mask.

Walmart will limit the number of customers allowed in-store at a time, and customers will stay on the right side of aisles while they shop.

Intimidated by the crowds? Walmart claims its best deals will be online, so you can always stay home and shop. Also, Walmart is offering Rollbacks on tons of items all season long, so Black Friday is not your only chance to save.

“I’m really excited that this year, when it matters most to our customers, we’re offering them more convenient and safer ways to shop Black Friday at Walmart, whether that’s from the shelf in one of our stores, ordering online and picking it up curbside or having it delivered right to their front door,” said Scott McCall, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer for Walmart U.S

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Walmart's plan for "Black Friday" is a 3 day event , 3 separate weeks
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: October 15, 2020 07:10PM
I see some fallicies in the plans. Those rules are predicated on wal-mart shoppers understanding the concept of a straightline, listening to the retiree at the door telling them to wait their turn, and knowing left from right.

all quite challenging for many.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: October 15, 2020 08:39PM
Ombligo
I see some fallicies in the plans. Those rules are predicated on wal-mart shoppers understanding the concept of a straightline, listening to the retiree at the door telling them to wait their turn, and knowing left from right.

all quite challenging for many.

They are going to need the National Guard Paramilitary contractors to secure that kind of compliance from Walmart customers.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Michael
Date: October 15, 2020 08:48PM
Our local Walmart just restriped 20 front parking spaces into 15 labelled for pick up, each with a numbered sign along with a number to text. They're designed for people to stay in their vehicles and employees to bring stuff outside. It's gotta be for the Black Friday month and following. It's interesting to me that people have just been staying out of those spaces despite them being closest to the store. We'll see how long that lasts.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: October 15, 2020 10:13PM
Interesting. Smart from a marketing/pr perspective as it gives them at least a 4-week news cycle...make that about 6 weeks since the news is out now. Like them or not...good move on their part.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: October 16, 2020 01:18AM
Ain’t gonna matter. Especially this year a lot more people are going to be shopping online. And that favors Amazon heavily. Already their sales have been record breaking this year.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 16, 2020 01:20AM
Michael
Our local Walmart just restriped 20 front parking spaces into 15 labelled for pick up, each with a numbered sign along with a number to text. They're designed for people to stay in their vehicles and employees to bring stuff outside. It's gotta be for the Black Friday month and following. It's interesting to me that people have just been staying out of those spaces despite them being closest to the store. We'll see how long that lasts.

Our local WM did too. I thought it was getting ready for shutdowns amid the coming second wave.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: rz
Date: October 16, 2020 08:16AM
I think, even without a pandemic, people were starting to buy more stuff online on BF. I know I had been going more to online. BF used to be a rush of going from one store to another at ungodly hours of the morning to get the best deals. The wife and I used to divide and conquer.

Two or three years ago, I realized that I could skip a few places because I could order some of it online on Thanksgiving day and have it shipped for free. But there were still a few places I went to in-person. Last year, I only went to two places in-person. One was Lowes, to get some poinsettias cheap, and one other item I can't recall. The other was the pet store. We always buy a ton of cat litter on BF because it's the cheapest it'll be all year. With 5 cats, we go through a lot of litter and they don't offer free shipping on a dozen or more boxes of litter that weigh 30 pounds each.

This year, the pet store is likely to be the only place I go. My wife stopped BF shopping a few years ago, except for the sewing store. They always have a big sale on BF. At least they don't open until 10am.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 186
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020