advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Silicon(e) implants?!.....possible Apple event in November to launch Silicon Macs......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 16, 2020 07:59AM
....maybe November 17th.....

Apple Event to Unveil First Apple Silicon Macs Could Happen on November 17

....Apple will hold another digital event on November 17 to announce its first Apple Silicon powered Macs, according to frequent leaker Jon Prosser.

Apple has already said that this year it intends to introduce the first Mac powered by an Apple Silicon chip instead of an Intel processor. One thing it hasn't revealed is the date it will be announced. According to Prosser's source, that date is November 17. "You should see this confirmed with an announcement on Tuesday, November 10," added Prosser in a followup tweet.

Another known unknown is which Mac model will feature the first custom Arm-based Mac processors. Bloomberg's Mark Gurman has said it will be a notebook, but rumors have conflicted on whether it will be a new 13-inch MacBook Pro, a new MacBook Air, or a revived 12-inch MacBook.

Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes the 13-inch MacBook Pro and MacBook Air will be updated with ?Apple Silicon? chips before the end of 2020, while Chinese language newspaper The China Times claimed the first Apple Silicon Mac will be a new variant of the 12-inch Retina MacBook weighing less than one kilogram (2.2lbs) and with a battery life between 15 and 20 hours.

Whichever models arrive first, rumors suggest the A14X chip will be in the first Apple Silicon Mac. Apple's first Mac processors are said have 12 cores, including eight high-performance cores and at least four energy-efficient cores, according to Bloomberg. Apple is said to be exploring Mac processors with more than 12 cores for further in the future, with the company already designing a second generation of Mac processors based on the A15 chip.

Lastly, it's worth bearing in mind that Prosser has been hit and miss with his recent Apple leaks, sometimes making accurate claims and other times relying on misinterpreted information from his sources or revising his predictions after the fact. However, Bloomberg has previously said that Apple is planning to unveil Apple Silicon Macs in November, perhaps at a November event or via a press release, so there could be substance to Prosser's latest claim.

you may soon.....get your hands on some Silicon(e).........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2020 08:00AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Silicon(e) implants?!.....possible Apple event in November to launch Silicon Macs......
Posted by: Rolando
Date: October 16, 2020 08:48AM
Predictions:

13" MacBookAir
24" 4.5k iMac
Mini-er Mac Mini, all with A14X chips (or equivalent)
4k AppleArcade (fat AppleTV) for gaming with A14 chip

Wishlist
15" MacBook Air with A14X chip (or equivalent)
cheaper 4k AppleTV (no Gaming) with A12 chip

Doubtful, but I can hope
14" and 16" MacBooks Pro
30" 5.5k iMac with Dual A14X chips (A14XX?)

MacPro with dual A14XX and A14XXX
and.... AMD x86 Coprocessor Card for Legacy apps! (screw you intel)

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Re: Silicon(e) implants?!.....possible Apple event in November to launch Silicon Macs......
Posted by: SteveO
Date: October 16, 2020 09:28AM
14" mbp would suit this cat just fine.
Posted by: sekker
Date: October 16, 2020 11:33AM
If they release a 14" MBA with touchscreen that can run iPad apps - TAKE MY MONEY.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: October 17, 2020 11:06AM
Want a 14" screen in 13" MBP form factor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2020 11:06AM by Bill in NC.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: October 18, 2020 09:03AM
Bill in NC
Want a 14" screen in 13" MBP form factor.

Me too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 179
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020