advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
SHARPEN YOU FOOLS! X-ACTO School Pro Classroom Electric Pencil Sharpener (Blue) $16
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: October 16, 2020 01:01PM
X-ACTO School Pro Classroom Electric Pencil Sharpener (Blue)
$16

[slickdeals.net]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: SHARPEN YOU FOOLS! X-ACTO School Pro Classroom Electric Pencil Sharpener (Blue) $16
Posted by: Robert M
Date: October 16, 2020 05:00PM
pRICE,

In for one. Perfect timing. The battery operated X-Acto sharpener we have just doesn't well at all. This should be a huge improvement.

Robert
Re: SHARPEN YOU FOOLS! X-ACTO School Pro Classroom Electric Pencil Sharpener (Blue) $16
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: October 16, 2020 05:06PM
Not the sharpest fool in the shed?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: October 16, 2020 06:28PM
I thought this was going to be about X-ACTO knives.

A deal on a kit would be nice.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 17, 2020 01:03AM
X-Acto acquired the Boston brand of pencil sharpeners some years ago. They sell the same basic designs, but have shipped manufacture to China and reduced quality. The steel used for the cutters is not hardened sufficiently and wear out in a couple years, plastic gears made too lightly that crack or break, and so on.

This particular model is relatively better than some they sell, but don't expect it matches the older sharpeners. Once the gears chip or crack, it will get significantly noisier.

I've had experience with the X-Acto line of electric sharpeners since I did ordering at work to keep my department in supplies like this. The 25-30 year old (or older) Boston sharpeners ahave been finally breaking down the last few years, the new ones lasted about 2-3 years.
Posted by: space-time
Date: October 17, 2020 06:32AM
this one has 10 year warranty so for $1.6/year is probably OK to give it a try.

I would be curious what the warranty covers, if you have to pay shipping back and forth then you probably end up being a new one.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: October 17, 2020 09:49AM
space-time
this one has 10 year warranty so for $1.6/year is probably OK to give it a try.

I would be curious what the warranty covers, if you have to pay shipping back and forth then you probably end up being a new one.

10 year warranty on the motor, 2 year on the cutter mechanism. Replacement cutters cost almost as much as a new one. Basically in light to moderate use this should be fine, by the time it breaks down you would have to buy a new one anyways.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 174
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020