advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
In case anyone needs it again, masks that filter down to .3 micron, washable, $12.95, B4 G1 FREE | B8 G2 FREE
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: October 16, 2020 04:24PM
Some might feel better using a metal nose clip with this. I have using these for about 2 months now for outdoor and store trips. They have worked well.

[starks.com]
B4 G1 FREE | B8 G2 FREE

2 ADJUSTABLE SIZES AVAILABLE

Regular/Adult – Adjustable fits teens and adults. Cloth ear loops with adjusters installed.

Non-Medical: Our face masks are not medical grade or certified but are meant to help support the health of the community during this time.
3 Layers: Water Resistant Outer Layer/ Polypropylene Filter Layer /Moisture Wicking Inner Layer
Our 3 Layer mask is WRAP certified and made of polyester and PP Cotton(unwoven polypropylene filter layer).
Water resistance feature of outer layer provided extra protection against moisture in the air and is also UVA and UVB resistance to protect from the suns harmful rays.
Washable & Reusable – Filtering ability unaffected by washing. Can be hand or machine washed. Hand washing recommended. Water resistance will be reduced over time from washing.
Beautiful and comfortable design with pop up nose guard provides comfort and helps prevent glasses from fogging.
NOSE GUARD

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: In case anyone needs it again, masks that filter down to .3 micron, washable, $12.95, B4 G1 FREE | B8 G2 FREE
Posted by: MrNoBody
Date: October 16, 2020 05:32PM
thxs pRICE. I see $12.95 each, is that correct?

btw. I got these 'KN95' masks from Newegg, 10 for $8.99. Only took a week to receive.
Pass the "Water Test", fit (me) well, embedded metal clip & straps appear to be well secured to mask.
"Single Use" non-medical 5-Layer.
I bought a box strictly for doctor's visits @ the hospital; most dangerous place you can visit!

39°36'17"N 75°44'43"W

The search engine that doesn't track you.

Re: In case anyone needs it again, masks that filter down to .3 micron, washable, $12.95, B4 G1 FREE | B8 G2 FREE
Posted by: wave rider
Date: October 16, 2020 07:33PM
I thought you didn't like the Starks that much pRICE?

=wr=
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: October 16, 2020 10:10PM
....Red Wedding.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: richorlin
Date: October 16, 2020 10:46PM
pRICE cUBE
Some might feel better using a metal nose clip with this. I have using these for about 2 months now for outdoor and store trips. They have worked well.

[starks.com]
B4 G1 FREE | B8 G2 FREE
[/i]

I could find nothing in the listing that says it filters down to .3 micron

richorlin

[DrawingMyLife.com]

[www.dudeism.com]
Date: October 16, 2020 11:19PM
wave rider
I thought you didn't like the Starks that much pRICE?

I stated that it got more effective once I stuck a metal clip. The clip stayed on for about 2 weeks before I put on a new one. You can get 100 clips for $7 shipped on Amazon.

The Stark mask is the lowest priced cloth mask that filters down to .30 micron for under $30 that I have found.

[forums.macresource.com]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Date: October 16, 2020 11:21PM
MrNoBody

btw. I got these 'KN95' masks from Newegg, 10 for $8.99. Only took a week to receive.
Pass the "Water Test", fit (me) well, embedded metal clip & straps appear to be well secured to mask.
I bought a box strictly for doctor's visits @ the hospital; most dangerous place you can visit!

I believe the fine print says you have to order at least two minimum. Since I am buying for multiple people, I decided to get the 8 and get 2 free. This way I have extras for backup and as gifts for people I know who need this level of filtration to stay safer.

Posted by: macphanatic
Date: October 17, 2020 08:26AM
MrNoBody

In PA at least, Nursing Homes are the most dangerous. They account for 24334 out of 172169 (14%) confirmed cases and 5603 out of 8457 deaths (66%). IIRC, this is where our Secretary of Health originally directed Covid cases to go.
Date: October 17, 2020 02:07PM
richorlin
pRICE cUBE

[starks.com]
B4 G1 FREE | B8 G2 FREE
[/i]

I could find nothing in the listing that says it filters down to .3 micron

NEW COLORS – NAVY BLUE & DEEP GREEN
3 Layers: Water Resistant, .3 Micron Polypropylene Filter Layer & Moisture Wicking.
Washable & Reusable: Save money & environmentally friendly.
Nose Guard: Helps Prevent Glasses From Fogging.
Antimicrobial: Keep Bacteria Off The Fabric.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2020 02:08PM by pRICE cUBE.
Posted by: davester
Date: October 18, 2020 05:23PM
The 0.3 micron filter media spec is irrelevant on a mask that does not have a tight seal to the face and is not fit-tested. This is because air will follow the path of least resistance and go around the media if the media or impermeable materials don't extend all the way to the face seal. There are lots of masks out there right now that have a pointless piece of filter media floating in a more permeable part of the mask. You can easily determine whether a mask is effective by doing a qualitative fit-test. This consists of hanging a large plastic bag from the ceiling and standing up inside it with your respirator on. Then release an extremely pungent odiferous compound into the bag and start doing exercises, twisting your face from side to side, running in place, etc. If you smell anything then the atmosphere is bypassing the filter media. I have generally used irritant smoke capsules (think tear gas) for doing these kinds of fit tests. They're unpleasant but you are left in no doubt if the fit of a respirator is compromised.

If these masks were at all useful for protecting the wearer then they would have an effectiveness rating, either N100, N95, KN95, P95, etc.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2020 08:59PM by davester.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020